You’ve heard of April Fools’ Day, now get ready for International Joke Day!
That’s right, get your jester hats on and whoopie cushions inflated; today is all about having a good laugh with yourself and the people you love to laugh with. This Obscure Holiday is ready to make your July even better.
We have an awesome list of funny-inducing ideas to try out on International Joke Day, as well as a list of joke resources, funny captions for your International Joke Day posts, and funny gifs along the way.
Have a laugh on us this International Joke Day, and let’s get to the good stuff!
In this article
When is International Joke Day?
Most of us know the funny Obscure Holiday to be April Fools’ Day on April 1st, but International Joke Day lands every year on July 1st!
That’s right, the month of July just got even better with International Joke Day sliding in there like a kid down a slip-n-slide. So, what are you to do with this hilarious Obscure Holiday? Well, leave that to us.
We’ve got some fun ideas for your funnybone holiday down below!
Funny Ideas for International Joke Day
Laughing is, of course, on the docket for International Joke Day, but how should you get your laughs? And is there more to this goofy holiday?
We’ve got some out-of-the-box ideas and fun waiting for you to dig into so you can make July 1st the best International Joke Day you can!
- See a Local Stand-Up Night: Hop onto your city’s, or the city over, website and check out their events calendar. A lot of cities have some sort of stand-up night every now and then. And how fun would it be to go to a stand-up show on International Joke Day? No pressure on the comedian! If the community event calendar is a bust, try checking out the flyers around local bars and community spots.
- Host a Comedy Night: Whether you’re having a comedy movie marathon or you’ve got some funny friends who want to try out their new material, hosting a comedy night can bring a ton of fun into your funnybone day. Instead of a potluck, it’ll be a jokeluck! Have your friends and family bring at least one joke with them to share.
- Office Fun: Now, we don’t mean the shenanigans that Dwight would get into on The Office, but a funny message board quote can certainly brighten your coworker’s day! You could also shoot them an email with funny jokes for coworkers.
- Comic Book Throwback: Those Calvin and Hobbes books are collecting a little dust, aren’t they? Break out your old comic books or head to the library for a trip down memory lane. These jokes just don’t get old, and it’s nice to go back to our funnybone roots.
- Weird: The Al Yankovic Story: The Master of Parody himself; we’re sure Weird Al would love the idea of International Joke Day. And if you’re feeling more in the mood to watch a movie, then watching Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, starring Daniel Radcliffe as Al Yankovic, will be right up your alley.
- Trip to the Circus: This fun idea may be a little out of reach, depending on when and if the circus tours by you. But, if you are ever so lucky, what a fun way to embrace the lightheartedness of International Joke Day by taking a trip to the place where clowns call home. A quick Google search can give you all the answers you need!
- Dry Bar Comedy Channel: Is your sense of humor a little more on the dry side? We love that for you, and we also love the Dry Bar Comedy Channel! This YouTube channel and Podcast is stocked full of comedians on the dry bar scale; you’ll have laughs for days.
- Parody Comedy: A good parody can make ya cackle, and what better place to explore than the depths of YouTube for some comedy parody nonsense.
- Make Your Own Meme: Memes will go down in history as one of our funniest creations, and we hope they go strong forever. Say, why not add to the meme world by creating your own meme? Use a website like Canva or Meme Generator to create a meme that you can share with coworkers, your partner, family, or in your message group that’s gone wildly out of control.
- Don’t Laugh Challenge Videos: Whether you want to try alongside these brave souls or you want just to sit back and watch the laughs unroll, these ‘Don’t Laugh Challenge Videos‘ that can be found on YouTube are, ironically, a guaranteed laugh.
- Spit Take Don’t Laugh Challenge: Interested in trying not to laugh? Get some friends together and do the spit take don’t laugh challenge. Two of you sit across from each other, one has a mouth full of water, and the other has a ready-to-go joke. If the other person spits out their water during or after the joke delivery, they lose! Take turns and film it if you’re feeling brave this International Joke Day!
International Joke Day Captions
Make a funny post on International Joke Day to spread hilarity and smiles! You can do this by sharing a funny picture or video of yourself, your favorite memes, or just a cool graphic that says Happy International Joke Day.
Below, we’ve got some good funny quotes that you can use for a social media caption or to send to a friend on International Joke Day. End the quote with #HappyInternationalJokeDay !
Let’s do this!
- “Life is better when you’re laughing”
- “At least I’m a fun hot mess. Like a train wreck full of pizza, fireworks, and glitter.”
- “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.” – Charles Bukowski
- “May today have fewer sighs and more fries”
- “Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.” – Benjamin Franklin Wade
- “Life is short; smile while you still have teeth.”
- “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” – Albert Einstein
- “Why be moody when you can shake your booty.”
- “A joke a day keeps the big sad away”
- “I feel God in this Chili’s tonight” – The Office
- “I’d rather be someone’s shot of vodka than everyone’s cup of tea.”
- “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” – Steve Martin
- “The roof is not my son but I will raise it”
- “What you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?” – The Lion King, 1994
- “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” – Paul Terry
- “I heard the government is putting chips inside of people. I hope I get Doritos.”
- “He touched the butt” – Finding Nemo, 2003
- “Let’s just laugh about it”
- “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.” – W.C. Fields
Jokes for International Joke Day Index
We’ve got just the right supply of hilarious jokes for your spunky International Joke Day! From punny dog and chicken jokes to adult humor and jokes for all ages, we’ve listed them neatly below. They’re all ready for you to click on and explore.
Is your funny bone wanting more? Take a look at our Funny Section right here on Card Sayings; we love a good joke, especially on International Joke Day!
Now that’s one for the joke books, we hope you’ve gotten some grand ideas and silly laughs for your International Joke Day. This day is all about having a good laugh, bringing a smile to others’ faces, and laughing with the ones you love.