Reaching a fiftieth birthday is an amazing milestone that needs to be celebrated. As loved ones and friends hit this age, the wisdom and experiences they have are priceless treasures. Celebrating five decades of their life will make them feel more special and happier. So, take a moment to party and have fun with these 50th birthday quotes and messages, perfect to write in a greeting card for this milestone birthday.
Quotes for a 50th Birthday
- “Forty is the age of youth. Fifty is the youth of old age.” -Victor Hugo
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” -Jack Benny
- “I suppose real old age begins when one looks backward rather than forward.” -Mary Sarton
- “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love.” -Sophia Loren
- “Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.” -Ogden Nash
- “Looking fifty is great – if you’re sixty.” -Joan Rivers
- “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.” -John Grier
- “The wiser mind mourns less for what age takes away than what it leaves behind.” -William Wordsworth
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” -Shirley Bassey
- “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” -Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.” -T.S. Elliot
- “A man has reached middle age when he’s warned to slow down by his doctor instead of the police.” -Henry Youngman
- “Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.” -Helen Hayes
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” -Mark Twain
- “Middle age is when your age starts showing around your middle.” -Bob Hope
- “As men get older, the toys get more expensive.” -Marvin Davis
- “I think when the full horror of being fifty hits you, you should stay home and have a good cry.” -Alan Bleasdale
- “The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.” -Muhammad Ali
50th Birthday Quotes, Messages, and Wishes for Your Loved Ones
- It’s time to blow out the candles and make a birthday wish… someone awesome is turning the big 5-0 today! Happy Birthday, and may all of your dreams come true.
- Happy 50th Birthday. The big five-oh. You’ve had five decades of an amazing life. Go and make this one your best yet.
- Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years. Happy Birthday!
- Congratulations on reaching the half-century club! May your next 50 years be just as amazing as the first!
- Once you turn fifty, you realize life is a wonderful journey. On your 50th birthday, you should slow down and cherish your lovely moments of life. Begin a beautiful and inspiring journey from now. Happy Birthday!
- Happy 50th Birthday! The world is so much more beautiful, all because you’ve made it a truly wonderful place to live for the past 50 years. I can’t wait to see how special you make everything in the next five decades.
- You have spent the last 50 years taking care of everybody else. Take some time for yourself on this special day. The happiest birthday to you!
- Welcome to middle age. You may now begin your mid-life crisis. Have a great 50th birthday!
- Happy Birthday to you! We hope you have a wonderful 50th Birthday and that you are truly spoiled on your big day!
- Congratulations on your 50th Birthday! Wishing you good things, starting with your birthday vacation. Enjoy yourself on such a well-deserved break!
- If you were a dog, you would be 213 years old. So, don’t feel so bad about your age. At least, you’re aging like a human. Happy 50th!
- May the trials and tribulations of your past fall away. Now’s the age to let everything coming your way give you wings.
- Wishing the happiest 50th birthday to a wonderful friend and follower of Christ. May your day be filled with wonderful moments.
- Happy 50th Birthday! Age is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people might think you’re “middle aged” now. But you know different. You’re just getting started.
- It’s finally here: THE BIG 50! Today, celebrate 50 years of good memories and great friends. You deserve all the best!
- Here’s to hope that your 50th is just the beginning of more amazing things to come.
- A birthday wish for you. Whatever you ask may you receive, whatever you seek may you find, whatever you wish, may it be fulfilled on your birthday and always. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! It’s time to celebrate! You’ve done some incredible things in your life. I can’t wait to hear about all the new ventures you start after today.
- May the joy that you have spread in the past come back to you on this day. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!
- You make turning 50 look good. I may have to try it sometime!
- Happy Birthday to someone who remembers what it was like to use a payphone, flip over a cassette tape, and get out of your chair to change the TV channel.
- Happy 50th Birthday! You don’t look even close to 50, and that’s a really, really annoying thing about you.
- Turning 50 makes you wonder where the years have gone. Also, where are your keys? And what did you do with your glasses? And why did you walk into this room?
- Fifty is not an age to unbuckle the seatbelts or get off the roller coaster. It is time to pull up your socks and try out an adventurous ride of your life. It’s your 50; let your adventure begin!
- Happy Birthday and congratulations on turning 50. This milestone brings the privilege that you no longer need an excuse to stay in on a Saturday night. But, as with any privilege, it shouldn’t be abused. So, don’t forget to get out once in a while because fun is the elixir of youth.
- Happy 50th Birthday! Welcome to the age where it’s no longer possible to find a birthday cake big enough to hold all your candles!
- Your 50th Birthday is not only special for you, but also for us. We have seen you as a strong leader and a motivating factor in our lives. Wishing you peace, success, and good health.
- Happy Birthday. I am so happy to be with you celebrating your 50 years of life. I admire your honesty and respect your personality. I pray to God to shower blessings on you.
- Happy 50th Birthday! You’re not old, you’re vintage.
- This birthday, I wish you abundant happiness and love. May all your dreams turn into reality and may lady luck visit your home today. Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest people I’ve ever known.
- Your birthday is the first day of another 365-day journey. Be the shining thread in the beautiful tapestry of the world to make this year the best ever. Enjoy the ride.
How to Sign a 50th Birthday Card
After you choose from our collection of fiftieth birthday quotes and messages, what do you do next? Sign the card, of course! The next question is how. Here are catchy and genuine ways in signing a birthday card for someone hitting this milestone birthday.
- Rejoice and be glad, dear friend
- Have fun
- Have a wonderful birthday
- Funny birthday wishes to you
- All my love
- Hugs and kisses and happy returns
- 50 beautiful happy birthday wishes for you
- Live long and prosper
Turning 50 years old is a milestone, and if your loved one is celebrating it soon, consider these 50th birthday sayings to help them have a great celebration. Five decades of life is worth celebrating!
Did you like these 50th Birthday Quotes? Well, check out more birthday quotes below:
- 21 Birthday Quotes by Famous People for Cards and Letters
- 30th Birthday Quotes for Family and Friends
- Greet Your Loved Ones with these 40th Birthday Quotes