Sometimes the best way to say happy birthday to someone is by having someone else’s words do the talking for you. These birthday quotes from famous people can help you kick off your next birthday card, letter, or note with an authoritative bang.
Quotes by famous individuals about birthdays
- “The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” — Robert Frost
- “To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.” — Henri Frédéric Amiel
- “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Mark Twain
- “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” — George Harrison
- “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” — Emily Dickinson
- “Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” — Douglas MacArthur
- “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
- “A party without cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
- “Age is a high price to pay for maturity.” — Tom Stoppard
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.” — Bob Hope
- “Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research.” — Carl Jung
- “After 30, a body has a mind of its own.” — Bette Midler
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E.E. Cummings
- “To me, old age is always ten years older than I am.” — Bernard Baruch
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “At age 50, everyone has the face he deserves.” — George Orwell
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” — Charles Schulz
- “Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.” — Pope John XXIII
How to sign a card with birthday quotes from famous people
Signing a birthday card you’ve written using a birthday quote from a famous person doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Just consider both your relationship to the recipient of the birthday card and the amount of personalization you added to the card when you wrote your greeting in addition to the birthday quote.
- Wishing you the happiest of birthdays,
- Many happy returns,
- All the best on your big day!
- With fondest birthday wishes,
- All my love,
- From their lips to your ears,
- Yours truly,
- Happy birthday and many more!
Ideas for gifts using famous quotes
Stuck for an idea for the perfect gift after writing your birthday card using a famous quote? Here are some amazing gift ideas from some great websites — from DIY birthday gifts to luxury birthday gifts for your special someone.
- The 75 Best Gift Ideas for Men Aren’t Holding Back This Year
- Birthday Gift Ideas for Coin Collectors
- 5 Great Gift Ideas for 12-Year-Old Girls in 2021
- Thoughtful Gifts for Moms That Are Unique Enough for the Woman Who Has It All
- 20 Inexpensive Homemade Gift Ideas
We hope these famous birthday quotes help spark your creative side so you can write the perfect birthday card message. And be sure to check out our “Quotes” category if you’re looking for even more famous quotes for cards.