Whether you love the taste of the classic fortune cookie or not, there’s such exciting anticipation in hearing the cracking sound while you reveal the fortune cookies messages that await you! Have you ever wondered where the fortune cookie originates from? Or perhaps how you can bake your own?
All of these fortunes and more will be unlocked within this article; it looks like there’s great knowledge to gain in your near future!
Fortune Cookies Quotes
Even when you’re not breaking open the cookie itself it’s fun to read fortunes cookies quotes! Take a gander at these lovely messages and try not to feel inspired!
- A new outlook brightens your image and brings new friends.
- Conquer your fears. Otherwise your fears will conquer you.
- A little courtesy will go a long way.
- Aim high in hope and work.
- Engage in group activities that further transformation.
- A pleasant experience is ahead: don’t pass it by.
- Energy is equal to desire and purpose.
- All the news you receive will be positive and uplifting.
- Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.
- Before you roar, please take a deep breath.
- All of your hard work will soon pay off.
- Come back later…I am sleeping (yes, cookies need their sleep, too).
- A lifestyle is that you pay for; a life is what pays you.
- Kindness makes for happiness.
- The only way to have a friend is to be one.
- Consume less. Share more. Enjoy life.
- A new adventure awaits you this weekend.
- The love of your life is right in front of your eyes.
- A close friend reveals a hidden talent.
- A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor.
- A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
- A chance meeting with someone from the past is in store.
- You will soon feel a renewed sense of optimism for the future.
- Why stop your revolution just because it’s the weekend?
- Let’s get that bread today.
- Stop worrying and take a chance.
- Act as if it were impossible to fail.
- Change has both physical and psychological attributes.
- Education will never be as expensive as ignorance.
Philosophical Messages in Fortune Cookies
Get your stoic face on and prepare yourself for some mind-blowing philosophical messages in fortune cookies. It’s about to get So-crat-y up in here! Come on, you couldn’t expect zero philosopher puns? Socrates would appreciate a solid pun, we think.
- Courtesy opens many doors.
- Set yourself free from anger, and you will set free a better life.
- Fill your cup daily with thankfulness, and watch your life’s cup fill with happiness.
- Silence is only uncomfortable if you’re expecting something more.
- An open mind leads to an open life.
- Daily gratitude leads to a life well-lived.
- To live a life you’ll be proud of, you must recognize what is good for you and what should be left behind.
- Don’t be afraid to dream big, be afraid of not trying at all.
- Life isn’t about what happens in the office, it’s about making memories with loved ones.
- For every grey cloud you see, count the abundance of blessings you have.
- Laughter is the best medicine, and good company is the greatest treasure.
- If you are to have grand expectations in life, take them up with your future self.
- There is a world of possibilities waiting outside for you, don’t forget your coat of courage!
- Tomorrow is a reliable distraction when faced with the promise of today.
- Be courteous for the sake of being kind, and be gentle for the sake of humanity.
- Opportunity would love to see you tomorrow, what time shall we pencil you in for?
- Life is full of doors to open or walk past, you’re lucky to have someone wonderful by your side on your journey.
- Just as the leaves flourish from plants after they are watered and cared for so you will see yourself grow after you care for yourself.
- You hold the pen for your life’s story; give your future self the best author they could ever ask for.
- Every person you meet gives you the chance to be the kindest version of yourself.
- Your spirit of adventure leads you down an exciting new path.
- Wrinkles merely indicate where smiles have been.
- Beware the fury of a patient man.
Funny Fortunes for Cookies
When we think of fortune cookies we typically recall a wise saying or sound advice. But how awesome is it when you open that cookie up to something silly you weren’t excepting? Get a load of these funniest fortune cookie messages for some laughs and playful rolls of the eyes. You’ll be wishing every cookie had a funny fortune cookie saying!
- There is a massive amount of opportunity sitting right under your nose.
(No, we’re not making fun of your mustache)
- Get to know yourself. You’re around yourself 24/7, you should take some time together!
- Pull out a chair for your humbleness and tell your ego to take a nap.
- I’m not saying I could smell you through the wrapper before you opened it, but I will say I see a nice long shower in your near future.
- Your future self called, they said to order more eggrolls next time.
- Say what you will about fortune cookies, but we always get the last laugh.
- Your shoe is untied. Did you check? Double-check. Tripple-check. Made you look.
- You make kind of a scrunched-up face when you read, did you know that?
- The secret to a happy life is- wait, sorry, you have something in your teeth. Right there, a little to the left. Okay, now … sorry I lost my train of thought …
- Life is full of mystery and wonder, and pressure! I’m just a cookie, why are you coming to me for philosophical enlightenment?!
- There is a new fascinating broom in your future. Yes, it is sweeping the nation as we speak!
- What has ripped clothes, a broken back, and its one possession stolen from it? Me! It’s me! You tore up my wrapper, that was brand new!
- Fortune cookies get a bad name. Why not fun cookies, or cool cookies? Always with the fortunes.
- There’s opportunity calling! Or it’s another prank call.
- Are your never-ending thoughts racing? Better go catch it!
- Create your own reality, don’t forget the bathrooms!
Stupid Fortune Cookie Messages that Don’t Make Sense
We’ve all experienced reading a fortune that makes you tilt your head in confusion and roll your eyes in bafflement. Let’s take a took at some stupid forutne cookie messages that don’t make sense. For old times sake!
- A close friend reveals a hidden talent.
- Fortunes are worthless when one doesn’t read.
- A feather in the hand is better than a bird in the air.
- Life has puddles, don’t get your shoes too wet.
- A rabbit is to luck as a fox is to misfortune.
- Tied is the tongue that skips the morning paper.
- Lend a hand to your neighbor, save a hand for yourself.
- Keep your enemies close and your enemie’s enemies closer.
- Count your blessing don’t let your blessings count you.
- Your future holds a future promise of tomorrow’s promises.
Make Fortune Cookies a Fun Dinner Game
Add the phrase “in bed” after any fortune cookie message for a fun twist when you’re at dinner with your friends or family. Imagine the look on Grandma’s face when you read gems like this:
- Before you roar, please take a deep breath…IN BED!
- A close friend reveals a hidden talent…IN BED!
- A little courtesy will go a long way…IN BED!
- All of your hard work will soon pay off…IN BED!
- A new adventure awaits you this weekend…IN BED!
- A close friend reveals a hidden talent…IN BED!
Who Invented the Fortune Cookie?
Fortune cookies messages can hold quite the mystery inside of them, and the same goes for its origin story. With many inventions there is a clear record of when and where something comes into creation, and especially who the inventor is. But when it comes to the fortune cookie, there isn’t a clear answer.
One thing remains the same throughout the different origin theories that the fortune cookie has, and that is that the fortune cookie was created in California. That’s correct! The fortune cookie was particularly invented to please American costumers who dined at Chinese and Japaense restaurants because in the American culture it is common to have dessert after your meal.
Some theories suggest it was a Japense restaurant in San Francisco, others suggest it came from a Chinese restaurant and immigrants from Hawaii. All we can say is that we’re thankful for this lighthearted creation!
Is the Fortune Cookie Chinese?
One may be surprised to discover that fortune cookies were not invented in China or Japan but in fact in the United States!
Recently, a fellow from Kanagawa University’s Institute for the Study of Japanese Folk Culture Yasuko Nakamachi has had some groundbreaking perspectives on the fortune cookie’s origin. With Nakamachi’s major in Folkloristics and Cultural History, she has endlessly studied, researched, and come to the conclusion that she belives the fortune cookie actually comes from Japense culture.
Learn more about the fascination in this historical fortune cookie journey and Yasuko Nakamachi‘s discoveries!
Are Fortune Cookies Vegan?
This one’s for all the vegans in the house! The short answer is yes, fortune cookies are vegan and safe for vegans and vegetarains to eat and enjoy. The long answer is that if you have a strict vegan diet of particular food dyes and sugars, it may be safe to hand your fortune cookie to someone else at the table.
Fortune Cookie How It’s Made
Fortune cookies can be made in a mass production or crafted with love right at home! It takes a handful of ingredients, time, and an oven.
In short, after mixing the recommended ingredients (Depending on the recipe you follow) and making sure the bater is as smooth as possible, you’ll take a bit of that bater at time and spread it into a small circle on a cookie sheet with a baking matt ontop.
Typically a cookie sheet is only big enough to bake 2 fortune cookies at a time, and that is because the bater needs to be evenly spread into about a 2-3 inch wide circle and spaced away from the other bater circle on the cookie sheet.
Once you have your cookie sheet prepared, it can be placed in an oven at 350 degrees farehiet and baked for about 10 minutes or until you see a golden brown around the batter’s edges.
After the cooking time, you’ll want to quickly but carefully flip each circle over. Then, after placing the desired fortune a little off from the middle of the cookie, and then carefully fold it in half. Taking that folded cookie, gently transport it to the edge of a regular drinking glass and bring the middle of the cookie to the edge of the glass. Gently fold the cookie so it molds over both the outside and inside of the glass, and you’ll see the classic fortune cookie shape take place!
Check out the section below for easy to follow fortune cookie recipes and fortune cookie ingredients!
Fortune Cookie Ingredients
Would you like to try your hand at making your own fortune cookies? Grab your apron and step right up!
Let’s list out the basic fortune cookie ingredients for you so you can get an overview look of what it takes to make a fortune cookie.
- Flour (1/2 Cup)
- Sugar (1/2 Cup)
- Water (2 Tablesoon)
- Egg Whites (2)
- Vanilla Extract (1/2 Teaspoon)
- Melted Butter (4 Tablespoons)
- Salt (1 Pinch)
If you’re looking for a traditional fortune cookie recipe you can check that out right here.
But if you’d like bake a vegan fortune cookie recipe, you can get that going right here!
Fortune Cookie Calories
This may completely depend on the recipe you follow, or the ingredients used by an outsourced baker. According to the USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) a single fortune cookie has 30 calories.
Not too shabby for a yummy little snack and the bonus fortune!
Fortune Cookie Origami
Feeling artsy? Grab your paper, scissors, pen, glue stick, and get that philosophy brain running, it’s time to learn how to make your own fortune cookie origami style! Follow along with these fortune cookie origami DIY and you’ll be an expert in no time. You can make these fun crafts for an event, a surprise gift in your significant other’s jacket pocket, the kid’s lunch box, or even a surprise for after dinner at home! The possibilities are endless, have fun with it!
More Fun and Inspirational Messages
- 80 Super Inspirational Quotes for Kids
- 116 Pick Up Lines Cheesy, Lovely, and Funny!
- 75 Funny What Do You Call Jokes for Guaranteed Laughs