Significant changes happen in your forties. Four decades of life give a person the ability to learn more from their surroundings while being a better and more mature adult. Turning 40 is a milestone birthday. It requires a heartwarming birthday celebration with family and friends.
To celebrate someone’s 40 years in life, throw a big birthday party choose any of these 40th birthday quotes to read or send in a greeting card to your loved one.
In this article
40th Birthday Quotes, Wishes, and Messages
- Happy 40th Birthday. You can make me laugh when nobody else can. You can understand me when nobody else even tries. I’m honored to call you family. You are one of a kind, best friend. And I love you for it.
- You have the energy of someone half your age and the wisdom of someone double your age. Happy 40th Birthday to a truly remarkable person.
- Wishing you a wonderful 40th Birthday! I am thankful for your friendship every single day and I love that I have the opportunity to celebrate you today. Never change.
- A 40th Birthday is like standing on a precipice – it’s like seeing what you got in life and what you chose to give a miss. It’s that obscure feeling of belonging nowhere – sometimes you are here, sometimes you are there. But this disorientation is meant to be enjoyed thoroughly – it will finally lead you up to your beautiful destiny. Happy Birthday.
- You make everyone around you say, “That’s how I want to be when I’m forty,” and that’s no easy feat. Have an amazing day and a Happy 40th birthday. You deserve it.
- Happy Birthday to someone Talented, Terrific, Tremendous, and Top-notch! Welcome to your four T’s!
- Life’s milestones are not supposed to be counted, they’re supposed to be celebrated. Happy 40th Birthday friend.
- Happy 40th Birthday! The sky’s the limit for the next 40!
- Congrats, my dear friend. You are turning 40 today. That may not feel like a major accomplishment in life, but it is. Enjoy every moment of your special day and the fortysomethings.
- Wishing you an extremely Happy 40th Birthday friend! I hope that life continues to treat you well and that all of your hopes, dreams, and goals come to fruition. All the best!
- Happy fortieth birthday! My friend, you are still one of a kind! The best kind. I guarantee that your fortysomethings will be the best years of your life.
- Congrats on turning the big 4-oh. You’ve accomplished so much in your life, and to think, you’re just getting started.
- Life is a book and your forties are the chapters when it all starts making sense. Wishing you an amazing 40th Birthday!
- Happy 40th Birthday. Today, I am thankful that I have you as my best friend. I would do anything for you.
- I wish you the happiest of 40th birthdays! A remarkable and inspiring person like you deserves to be celebrated. I am grateful to be able to celebrate with you today.
- Good food, good wine, and good friends. May your 40th Birthday be spent with all of your very favorite things!
- Best wishes on your 40th Birthday – a great milestone for a truly great person!
- You’re 40 years old? You’re 4 perfect 10s! Happy Birthday.
- Happy 40th Birthday to the kindest person I know. You’re an inspiration to all your friends, especially me. I know that you will redefine the fortysomethings, making them epic.
- A piece of advice to a friend on your 40th: Try to be someone that will make your friends say, “Hey, that’s how I want to be when I’m forty.” It’s the best way to stay young forever. Happy Birthday to someone who makes 40 look like 20. Congrats.
- Can you believe it? You have made it through 40 years of hardship, heartbreaks, and challenges. Only a strong person could have made it this far with a smile on her face. Happy Birthday.
- “Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you.” -Ogden Nash
- “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” -Franz Kafka
- “You can tell you’re getting old when authority figures all start to look 12-years-old to you.” -Stewart Stafford
- “I have become the woman I hardly dared imagine I would be.” -Anne Lamott
- “At a certain age, we learned to see right through it, and that age is now.” -Anna Quindlen
- No matter how hard it is to get out of bed, let 40 be the year you conquer it all.
- The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- You’re not 40. You’re 29.95 plus shipping and handling.
- You’re 40! Halfway between Diapers and Depends.
- I regret to inform you that your 30s have expired.
- Just be grateful you’re not forty in dog years.
- 40 isn’t that old if you’re a tree…
- 40 is fine when you look 29.
- May your makeup conceal your wrinkles, and may your hair dye not fade.
- Happy 39th Birthday for the second year in a row.
- 40 is the new… what was I saying?
- Now you’re twice as fun as a 20-year-old… just with more back pain.
- You’re 40. Which means that in dog years, you’re dead.
- You’re 14,600 days old, but who’s counting?
- They say 40 is the new 30. However, it should be noted that they often lie.
- Congratulations to your 21 years (with 19 years of experience.) Happy 40th Birthday!
- Wishing you a very Happy 40th Birthday. And remember, in Scrabble, forty is only 11.
Any greeting cards or letters should be signed off not just with your name, but also with a lovely signing-off phrase. For 40th birthday messages and funny birthday wishes, our top choices of signing are the following:
- Celebrating with you
- Have fun
- Birthday hugs
- Hugs and kisses
- Sending you a birthday prayer
- Have a sweet one
- Big day ahead
Cards and letters never fail to bring a person happiness. So, write a birthday card to a loved one turning 40 today. Use any of the fortieth birthday quotes above at your disposal. And, do not forget to send happy 40th birthday wishes in person on their special day, if possible.
Check out more of our birthday quotes below!
- 21 Birthday Quotes by Famous People for Cards and Letters
- 30th Birthday Quotes for Family and Friends
- 50th Birthday Quotes and Messages to Write in a Card