The Halloween season brings a chilling and spine-tingling sensation to life. Why not spark a little creativity and lace the spooky season not just with Halloween candy, costumes, and scary stories, but with Halloween riddles for people to enjoy?
After all, we need something to keep our minds busy while all the thoughts of ghosts and creepy crawlies build up our fears! Check out these Halloween riddles perfect for both kids and adults to create a more exciting season.
72 of Our Favorite Halloween Riddles for the Spooky Season
- This place has hardly any lights, but a lot of creaking floors. There are all kinds of strange noises and some random slamming doors. What is it?
Answer: A haunted house
- What’s big, scary and has three wheels?
Answer: A monster riding a tricycle
- What do birds give out on Halloween night?
- What do you get when you cross Tinkerbell with a werewolf?
Answer: A hairy fairy
- One day a year I am decorated in style and am the center of attention even when you make me into a pie. What am I?
- What do you call a ghost with a broken leg?
Answer: A hobblin’ goblin
- What do you call a witch that lives on the beach?
- When is it bad luck to see a black cat?
Answer: When you’re a mouse
- What did the ghost say to the other ghost?
Answer: “Do you believe in humans?”
- Dracula loves to draw this, as well as put it in the bank. What is it?
- Why can’t a man living in California be buried in Canada?
Answer: You don’t bury the living.
- What is a mummy’s favorite type of music?
Answer: (W)rap music
- What do you call a goblin who gets too close to a bonfire?
Answer: A toasty ghosty
- I can be green, pink, red or even yellow, and the evil Queen used me as a poison. What am I?
- Why are graveyards noisy?
Answer: Because of all the coffin (coughing)
- What do witches ask for when they stop at a hotel?
Answer: A broom with a view and Broom Service
- What types of roads do ghosts like to drive on?
Answer: Dead ends
- Why do ghosts make good cheerleaders?
Answer: Because they have a lot of spirit
- If the witch has a broom and the jack o’lantern has a candle, then what does a vampire have?
Answer: A bloodhound
- A man was shot in the heart. Nobody tries to save him and it doesn’t kill him. What happened?
Answer: He was already dead
- What did the ghost teacher say to her class?
Answer: “Watch the board and I’ll go through it again.”
- How did the bat learn to fly?
Answer: He took batting lessons
- On what day do you carve out a jack o’lantern?
- What did the pumpkin need for its wound?
Answer: A pumpkin patch
- Why do witches buy magazines?
Answer: They like to read horrorscopes
- A zombie, a mummy, and a ghost bought a house. It has all of the usual rooms except for one. What room won’t you find them in?
Answer: A living room
- What is a ghost’s favorite fruit?
- You can find me from head to toe, I am a liquid. I make some people faint and I am in every living being you know. What am I?
- Two men in the graveyard. A man points to the grave and asks whose it is. The second man looks at him and says, “Sisters and brothers, I have none. But, this man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the grave?
Answer: It is his son. Since he does not have any brothers or sisters, the statement “my father’s son” is referring to himself. So, he is the father of the man in the grave (this man’s father.)
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack o’lantern by its diameter?
Answer: Pumpkin pi
- Why did the vampire eat a light bulb?
Answer: He wanted a light snack
- He is big, green, has a scar on his head, and he likes to trick, prank and scare kids on Halloween. Who is he?
- What happens when a ghost gets lost in the fog?
Answer: He is mist
- Who do witches stop for on the highway?
- I’m tall when I’m young, I’m short when I’m old. And every Halloween, I bring a jack o’lantern to life. What am I?
Answer: A candle
- What is a ghost’s nose full of?
- Some people believe in me and others don’t. At night I roam around, and sometimes, I float. If you hear a troubled noise coming from the ground, go run and hide from my creepy sound. What am I?
- Pearly and white, spooky alright, playing with children every night. Who am I?
Answer: Casper the Friendly Ghost
- When do werewolves go trick or treating?
- What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
- Ghosts and vampires will come looking for me on a dark autumn night and, with a ding and a buzz, will eagerly wait with open arms for me. What am I?
- Why didn’t the zombie go trick or treating?
Answer: He felt rotten
- Why did the game warden arrest the ghost?
Answer: he did not have a current haunting license
- What’s the problem with twin witches?
Answer: You never know which witch is which
- What’s a ghost’s favorite dessert?
Answer: Ice scream
- What do you call a skeleton that makes you laugh and giggle when you’re sad?
Answer: A funny bone
- I am scary, and when you have more of me, you will see only less. What am I?
- What do you call a nervous witch?
Answer: A twitch
- A house of yore, a house by the street, a house of gore, riddled with elm trees. What am I?
Answer: The House on Elm Street
- A vampire’s biggest fear, but a chef’s favorite ingredient. What is it?
- What was the witch’s favorite subject in school?
- How can you tell when a vampire has been in a bakery?
Answer: All the jelly has been sucked out of the jelly donuts
- What is small and blind, brown and creepy, and they come out at night from a damp, dark place?
- Why don’t angry witches ride their brooms?
Answer: They’re afraid of flying off the handle
- What do ghosts like to do on a Saturday night?
- You’re in a room and there is a ghost in the room, but you’re the only one in the room. How is this possible?
Answer: You’re the ghost
- Why are some ghosts so happy?
Answer: Every shroud has a silver lining
- I am wrapped but I am not a gift. I am kept neatly in a chamber and archeologists find me as a great treasure. What am I?
Answer: A mummy
- I am home to one, enemy to another. I am silky smooth, but I am never desired. What am I?
Answer: A spider-web
- Why did the witch refuse to wear a flat hat?
Answer: Because there wasn’t any point to it
- Why do witches fly on brooms?
Answer: Because vacuum cleaners are too heavy
- How can you tell that a vampire likes baseball?
Answer: He turns into a bat every night
- What do mummies, zombies, vampires, goblins and witches all have in common?
Answer: The letter “i”
- Why don’t ghosts like rain?
Answer: Because it dampens their spirits.
- What do you call an out of work ghost?
Answer: Lazy bones
- Two vampires ran a race and crossed the finish line at almost the same time. How did the race end?
Answer: Neck and neck
- Why wouldn’t the ghost eat liver?
Answer: He didn’t have the stomach for it
- I have no feet to dance. I have no eyes to see. I have no life to live or die, but yet I do all three. What am I?
- Read me or write me, I’m good for a fright. I can be spooky, but I’m best told at night. What am I?
Answer: A scary story
- How are vampires like false teeth?
Answer: They both come out at night
- When a witch lands, where does she park?
Answer: In a broom closet
- Where do the spirits and souls go to drop off their letters and packages?
Answer: At a Ghost Office
More Halloween Stuff and Other Riddles to Enjoy
With or without trick or treating, pumpkin pies, and jack o’ lanterns, you can still create a happy Halloween atmosphere and a special experience with these Spooky Halloween Sayings for Cards. Send your spooky riddles and sayings to family and friends to celebrate the occasion!
For more fun and mind-boggling riddles, check out these links:
- 55 Spooky Halloween Sayings for Cards
- 108 Halloween Captions for Instagram to Get Your Spook On
- The Best 7 Second Riddles to Keep You Guessing
- The Best Lord of the Rings Riddles from the Trilogy