Allow the loving and powerful whimsicalness of poetry for long distance love to weave into the fabric of your beautiful relationship, and see how the words can nourish the both of you. There is great power in action, of course, but the power of words has been foundational for thousands of relationships over the course of thousands of years. If it worked for the greats, such as Shakespeare, E.E. Cummings, and Emily Dickinson, surely it can spark some magic for you two lovers.
Come explore these passionate pieces of poetry for long distance love and feel the love shine in your heart at the thought of your person while reading these delicate words.
Poetry About Long Distance Love
When you’re apart from the one you love, it can be challenging to be around social media, songs, and TV shows that all portray a love that looks different than yours. These are pieces of poetry about long distance love that will make you and your partner feel seen, heard, and understood. These poems may even help bring peace and spark some romance when you share them with your partner!
- “Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice; and I find myself choosing you, more and more every day.” – Justin Wetch, Bending The Universe
- “Whenever you feel lost in time, | place your hand over your heart, | imagine it is mine, | and with every beat | I hope you feel more alive. | Just think of me until I arrive.” -S. Marie
- “Not until I felt your sunshine, did I realize that I had been in the shade. | Not until I saw all your colors, did I realize that mine had faded. | Not until I heard your dreams, did I realize that I was still sleeping. | And not until I experienced my life with you, did I realize that I was barely breathing.” – Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
- “Like two stars in the depths of the sky | This gravity is just irresistible | We spin around each other, you and I | When I fell for you, I fell into your orbit.” – Justin Wetch, Bending The Universe
- “Souls tend to go back to who feels like home.” – N.R. Hart
- “I am yearing for you in every long songs I listen to, | I am hearing for you in every sunsets I watch, | I am yearning for you in every stranger’s faces, | I am yearning for you in every nights looking at the stars. | And as I wrote every words, I am yearning for you.” – Zybil Rogan
- “It’s not fair. | It’s not fair how you’re over there, and I’m over here. | It’s not fair that I don’t know how your breathe tastes or how your hand feels. | It’s not fair that we’re light years apart, yet we’re under the same moon. | It’s not fair that our eyes can’t meet, and our feet can’t touch.” – (J.M.)
- “Love leaves you empty and full at once | It leaves you burning and at peace | It leaves you satisfied and wanting more | It gives you light in darkness | An ember that never cools | A song of silence | A dream with eyes wide open | It flees when it is sought | It finds you when you aren’t looking | It is magic and it is real.” – Connor Judson Garrett, Become The Fool
- “I want to be where you are | In your city, with the lights blurring past as we ride in the car, | going somewhere, anywhere | To your favorite restaurants or to a concert of a band we both love | It really doesn’t matter where we go, as long as I’m with you. | I want to hold your hand and smell the scent of your cologne | To see you smile back at me, | to hear your laugh, | to hear our laughs combine and create a song all of its own | I want to be where my heart is: with you.” – m.k.
- “I have hunger for your mouth, for your voice, for your hair” – Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
- “I want to know every detail about you | From where your freckles are placed, | to the most intricate thoughts of your mind. | I crave to know how it would feel | To have my fingers intertwined with yours | and your skin pressed up against mine. | I envy the strangers who pass you on the streets, | For they see you in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings and in all the ways I wish I could.” – jr
- “I don’t know why things happen the way they do—why so much of our lives have been spent in heartache and disappointment. Wrong timing. The wrong people. Unhappy situations. Not being our best and truest selves. What I do know is that in you, I have finally found all I never dared dream I could deserve or have—the kind of love that is rare. Being known in a way that touches the deepest parts of me. Accepted in a way that blows my mind. In you, the love I have always desired to give now has a place to call home. I have been a skeptic, but you are my undeniable miracle. The questions don’t matter anymore. We have finally found each other, and that is enough.” – Joh Mark Green
- “There are seven billion faces smiling in as many ways | But if I don’t see yours, I consider it a wasted day.” – Justin Wetch, Bending The Universe
- “We are just a few atoms | In the vast universe, stardust, yet who can measure the sum | of two lovers and what’s between us ” – Eric Overby, Senses
- “Remember this when you leave me here: that your sweetest face and loving voice, I forevermore hold dear.” -Chrissy Moon, Sweet Faded Ink: A Poetry Collection
- “You are there in my breaths and in the spaces between my breaths.” – Avijeet Das
- “It was all I wanted for the longest time — to open my eyes and see you there. | To stretch out my hand and touch the soft, yielding warmth of your skin. | But now I have learned the secret of distance. | Now I know being close to you was never about the proximity.” – Lang Leav
Poetry for Long Distance Love That She’ll Adore
Deliver beautiful poetry for long distance love that she’ll not only adore but will most likely elevate her mood because you’ve thought about her in a special way and took the time to make sure she feels loved and appreciated. This is just one way to make her feel like the only woman in the world; try sending her paragraphs about love!
- “Home for me is not where I am. Home for me is a physical structure where the girl whom I love is sheltered and protected from the incoming storms of life. Home for me is not where I am safe, but where she is safe. Home for me is not where she exists, but where she lives. She is my home.” – Juansen Dizon, Confessions of a Wallflower
- “She has a charm that is incomparable. She has a beautiful heart that flows with love. And she has a sensitive soul that enthralls with magic. She was the spark I had been waiting for all my life.” – Avijeet Das
- “Darlin’, you’re nothing but Love in disguise, when you smile you can’t hide it, it shines from your eyes.” – Laura Jaworski
- “You are a constant thought in my mind. | It’s as if the very essence of you found the cracks in my bones and made a home in them. | As if your voice traveled through my skin and into my blood stream directly to my heart.” – j.r
- “I knew I was in love. | I was thinking about you without even trying.” – d.j
- “I’m wrapped in you. | Melting in your silhouette | and becoming one, | a strange contour of love, | flowing with the wind.” – Tatjana Ostojic
- “Even if I cannot be wrapped in your arms tonight I will be wrapped in your love. | For I have made you a part of me … | The part that fills the empty, | the part that fights the lonely.” – S. Marie
- “She is the light, | at the end | of this endless tunnel.” – Vivid Darkness
- “In love all of me is you, in love all of you is me. In love it’s all messed up, the sweetest mess we could ever be.” – Abhijit Naskar, Honor He Wrote: 100 Sonnets For Humans Not Vegetables
- “You gave me something that no one had before | You gave me peace | Like a river that had been rushing, pulled by the current for too long | You made my waters still | I found rest in your arms.” – L.Y.
- “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, | in a hundred worlds, | In any version of reality, | I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Kiersten White
- “Such aching mystery hides, | in your stardust-glimmer eyes.” – John Mark Green, Taste the Wild Wonder: Poems
- “I knew right away that you were it for me. | There were no reservations or second thoughts. | I saw you and in an instant knew in my bones, | my soul had known your soul lifetimes ago.” – Beau Taplin
- “I wish I could live in a sentence, incarcerated for life among your words. I want to be that flower, that lost count of its breaths somewhere in a haiku or a sonnet, lifeless and wrecked, smeared in ink, in a dusty pile of books, swallowing sunshine by your window.” – Sakshi Narula, Lover
- “I love that you are my person and I am yours, | that whatever door we come to, | we will open it together.” – a.r.asher
- “Just like a rose, our love unfolds itself with time. | From its beginning bud, a blooming most sublime. | And with each passing year, such sweet scent it yields. Come laughter or come tears, more petals are revealed. ” – Joh Mark Green
- “I found a night’s sky full of stars | In your cinematic eyes | And heard a symphony | In your laughter.” – Justin Metch, Bending The Universe
Make Him Smile Poetry for Long Distance Love
Who said poetry only makes woman smile? Give him the passionate power of words by sending him poetry for long distance love that will make him feel just as special. And why not also send him how much you love him through the power of song? Check out our huge list of long distance love songs!
- “Sometimes it feels like even if | Every inch of my skin was touching yours | I still wouldn’t be close enough to you.” -Justin Wetch, Bending The Universe
- “And when I say I love you, | I mean that you can show me your darkest fire your soul can produce, | and I will love you enough to sit with you until the smoke clears. | Leave your disclaimers at the door. | There is no convincing me to not love you.” – Belle Townsend, Push and Pull
- “If I could imagine | a snug place to sleep, | it wouldn’t be | a bed of feathers, | but the nook between your shoulder and chest | where my head perfectly fits.” – Tatjana Ostojic, Cacophony of My Soul: When Love Becomes Poetry
- “So I might count every star to where you are. | And write you metaphors in millions with all the skies. | But really, you just need to know: I miss you. | I’ve still never seen stars like the ones in your eyes.” – Niocra Kladsflem
- “To have a love that is pure and honest is the most beautiful feeling in the world. To be loyal to someone is the heart’s innermost desire. Someone who understands you and completes you. Someone who loves you as crazily as you love that someone!” – Avijeet Das
- “You felt like a dream becoming | Like everything I’ve ever wished for is here, close to me within reach | Like everything I have ever lost has returned to me a thousand waves over | And I am surrounded by a love that is warm and full and free.” – AVA
- “Share yourself with me. | I will never judge you. | I am here | and I will stay here | only to love you.” – Kamand Kojouri
- “I just love him. | And it doesn’t matter that sometimes our worlds are colored different hues. | Because when the colors blend together it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.” – B. Diaz
- “When they work, long distance are the best sort of relationships, I think. | That a person could wait months, cross miles and oceans for a few spectacular moments with the person they love, that’s it. | You know. | That’s all that we’re searching for.” – Beau Taplin
- So I’ll be your queen if you’ll be my king | My knight to defend my claimed heart. | I need no crown, just your last name and a ring | And the promise you’ll never depart.” – Phar West Nagle
- “The space between the two of you may be hard now, but over time your distance will strengthen the love that is there. | The moments you have together are the ones you’ll learn to cherish and remember when the time between you becomes longer. | I know it’s hard to see now, but the love between you will keep growing, even when you are apart.” – Moule T
- “You burn like a candle | inside my soul, | showing me a way | through this darkness.” – Vivid Darkness
- “I would rather swim in stormy seas with you, | than sail calm waters with anyone else.” – J. Strelou
- “Falling for him wasn’t falling at all. | It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you’re home.” – r.i.d.
- “I wish I’d done everything on Earth with you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I was placed in this universe to love you, | and I don’t take something that important lightly.” – a.r.asher
Poetry for Long Distance Love to Wake Up To
More than anything you wish you could wake up next to the one you love and start the day with them. Someday we hope that happens, and until then why not have an alternative? Send your lovely love poetry for long distance love to wake up to and make their morning brighter without physically being there.
- “Read me like your favourite book, word for word. Sing me like your favourite song, beat for beat. Take a walk with me in your dreams, hand in hand. Chant me like a prayer, bead for bead. Hold me in your arms like I am magic, dark, cursed yet loveable. Love me the way no one has ever been loved before.” – Sakshi Narula, Lover
- “Darling, you are all I ever wanted love to be.” – e.s.
- “How strange to dream of you | Even when I am wide awake.” – d.j
- “Reveal to me everything you find ugly about yourself, so I can reveal to you everything I find beautiful about you.” -Juansen Dizon, Confessions of a Wallflower
- “Last night, I fell asleep wanting to kiss you. | As I woke up groggy and disoriented at 4 am, I wanted to kiss you. | When the sun kissed my face good morning, I wanted to turn over and kiss you. | As a song came on and you crossed my mind, I wanted to kiss you. | And chances are that when I start to fall asleep, I will do so wanting to kiss you.” – j.r.
- “You are everything my heart dreams of.” – J. Lynn
- “Baby I miss you, more than anything. | And I wish, we could lie in bed all day, under your covers. | Because it’s cold, and I just want to keep you warm. | I’ll play with your hair, and draw circles on your back, and kiss you, over and over again, and again.” – c.p.
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “One day, I’ll wake up at three in the morning. | I won’t be alone, I won’t text you or call you | I won’t miss you or want to cry. | Because one day, when I wake up at three in the morning you”ll be laying next to me and not miles away.” -(A.02)
- “You are my sun, | my moon | and all my stars.” – e.e. cummings
- “I will love you as long as the sun burns in the sky, | as long as the moon shines its light into the dark night, | until the raging blue oceans become calm and run dry. | I will love you until the end of time.” – Christy Ann Martine
- “I think some souls have a way of connecting without our knowledge. | That’s why you can meet someone for the first time, but inside you just know. | You know it is not the first time you’ve felt them.” – JmStorm
With every piece of poetry for long distance love you send your amazing partner, remember that you’re sending them a little piece of your heart until you can bring them both together. Distance can be a daily battle, but always bring yourselves back to the root of your love: you’re both worth the wait and miles.