Romantic love is great, but have you ever stayed up until 2 am with a friend and laughed about something so stupid that it became even funnier? Nothing beats that! That’s why our besties deserve some love on V-day too, with these adorable and loving quotes for Valentine’s Day for friends.
Friends are like chosen family, and without them, where would we be? Spread the love to your besties and normalize celebrating the platonic relationships in your life on Valentine’s Day.
Grab your wings and get that heart-shaped bow prepared; we’ve got some lovey-funny friendship messages to whip up!
Quotes for Valentine’s Day for Friends
Whether you’re making an adorable post on Insta or you’re sending it directly to their inbox, these quotes for Valentine’s Day for friends will be the lovely cherry on top of your sentimental and cute V-day celebration! Bonus Tip: Make a reel or TikTok with pictures and videos of you and your BFF, and choose a few quotes to have displayed on the screen with your friendship song in the background!
“Soulmates come in the form of friends too, it’s not just about romance. Sometimes it’s your best friend who makes you feel whole and who understands you the most when the world doesn’t understand you at all.” – Sylvester McNutt III
“I found out what the secret to life is: friends. Best friends.” – Fried Green Tomatoes, 1991
“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, “Emerson in His Journals”
“Love you like a sister, always / Soul sister, blood sister / Come and be my best friend, really / Rebel girl / I really like you, I really want to be your best friend / Be my rebel girl” – “Rebel Girl” by Bikini Kill
“I am your friend. A soul for your soul. A place for your life. Home. Know this. Sun or water. Here or away. We are a lighthouse. We leave. And we stay.” – Nayyirah Waheed
“Every minute spent in your company becomes the new greatest minute of my life.” – Bolt, 2008
“When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun‘.” – Groucho Marx
“Ooh you’re the best friend that I ever had / I’ve been with you such a long time / You’re my sunshine and I want you to know / That my feelings are true / I really love you / Oh you’re my best friend” – “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
“You are summer to my winter heart.” – Gemma Troy
“We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie The Pooh, 2011
“Close friends are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.” – Vincent van Gogh
“I’ll be there for you / When the rain starts to pour / I’ll be there for you / Like I’ve been there before / I’ll be there for you / ‘Cause you’re there for me too” – “I’ll Be There for You” by The Rembrandts
“Friendship isn’t about being inseparable, but about being separated and knowing nothing will change.” – Ted, 2012
“True friends are always together in spirit.” – L.M. Montgomery, “Anne of Green Gables”
“I’m only up when you’re not down / Don’t wanna fly if you’re still on the ground / It’s like no matter what I do / Well, you drive me crazy half the time / The other half I’m only trying / To let you know that what I feel is true / And I’m only me when I’m with you” – “I’m Only Me When I’m With You” by Taylor Swift
“We made a deal ages ago. Men, babies, it doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates.” – Sex and the City 2, 2010
“When I say it’s you I like, I’m talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.” – Mr. Rogers
“If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends / Make it last forever, friendship never ends” – “Wannabe” by The Spice Girls
“She’s my friend because we both know what it’s like to have people be jealous of us.” – Clueless, 1995
“True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
“And as the years go by / Our friendship will never die / You’re gonna see it’s our destiny / You’ve got a friend in me” – “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman
“It’s an insane world, but in it there’s one sanity, the loyalty of old friends.” – Ben-Hur, 1959
“If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” – S.E. Hinton
“Every now and then / we find a special friend / who never lets us down / who understands it all / reaches out each time you fall / you’re the best friend / that I’ve found.” – “Remember Me This Way” by Jordan Hill
“You’re like the only person who’s ever gotten what I’m about.” – Freaks and Geeks, 1999-2000
“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“And I’m still getting over my past … but I will tell you this, your friendship has made it a lot easier for me to move on and I’m grateful for what we have. So thank you for everything. Thank you for all the long talks – for listening to me when I was breaking down. And thank you for bringing the sun with you – during the times I was drowning in rain.” – r.m. drake
“When the sun shines, we’ll shine together/ Told you I’ll be here forever/ Said I’ll always be your friend/ Took an oath, I’ma stick it out ’til the end” – “Umbrella” by Rihanna
“When you’re the best of friends having so much fun together, you’re not even aware you’re such a funny pair.” – The Fox and The Hound, 1981
“I get by with a little help from my friends.” – John Lennon
“I know one thing never changes and / That’s you as my best friend” – “Best Friend” by Brandy
“Let the rest of the world beat their brains out for a buck. It’s friends that count. And I got friends.” – All About Eve, 1950
“I hope we’ll be friends forever, together we’ll always be. I don’t think you understand just how much you mean to me. And one day when we part our ways, we’ll think back to the past and think about how happy we are ’cause our friendship will always last.” – Bridget Davis
“Anytime you need a friend / I will be here / You’ll never be alone again / So don’t you fear / Even if you’re miles away / I’m by your side” – “Anytime You Need a Friend” by Mariah Carey
“You’re my nemo. If you get lost in the great big ocean, I’ll find you.” – Anonymous
“We’re family, we stick together.” – Toy Story, 1995
“Real friends are the ones you can count on no matter what. The ones who go into the forest to find you and bring you home. And real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.” – Morgan Matson, “Since You’ve Been Gone”
“Keep smiling, keep shining / Knowing you can always count on me, for sure / That’s what friends are for / For good times and bad times / I’ll be on your side forever more” – “That’s What Friends Are For” by Dionne Warwick
“You are my superior officer, you are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.” – Star Trek
“That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you. The wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do.” – r.j.l.
Happy Valentine’s Day to Friends and Family
Chosen family or the family you were born into, each deserves a big helping of love and appreciation on Valentine’s day! These are some wholesome Happy Valentine’s Day to friends and family messages and quotes that will be perfect for the occasion. Send them along with a cute or funny Valentine’s Day gif!
- Happy Valentines Day to the person who’s loved and seen me at my finest and at my lowest (Uff da, sorry about that). I’m honestly not sure where I would be in this world if you weren’t present in my life. And for that, I want you to know that I look up to you, I’m so thankful you’re in my life, and I love you.
- “You must remember, family is often born of blood, but it doesn’t depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.” – Trenton Lee Stewart, “The Mysterious Benedict Society”
- Happy V-Day to the best [friend/family member] I could have ever been blessed with. I know traditionally, you’re supposed to send a Valentine to someone romantically. But that’s overrated, and you know how I love to bend the rules! I want to wish you a lovely day and thank you for being such a wonderful source of happiness, love, and energy in my life. I will always do my very best to reciprocate that to yours. Love ya!
- “Friends and the family you choose.” – Jess C Scott, “The Other Side of Life”
- *The person reading this is the most wonderful human being recorded in wonderful human being history* Well, hey, look at that, it’s YOU! Happy love day to someone I love a whole lot. You have one of the biggest hearts I’ve ever known, and you just deserve all the happiness and joy the world has to offer. Thank you for being you and sharing your light with the rest of us weirdos.
- “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love. It means showing up when they need it most. It means having each other’s backs. It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other!” – Dave Wills
- Although this Valentine doesn’t come with a dozen roses or a plastic heart filled with chocolate, it does come with bunches and bunches of appreciation and love. Seriously though, I’m so grateful for you, and I had to let you know that you’re one of the best people I’ve ever met in my life. And that I probably ever will meet! I love you, and you’re my favorite Valentine!
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hess
- Happy Valentines Day to an extremely special person in my life! You are by far the greatest person in mankind; when referring to you, it’s more like man-GREAT. Thank you for being the best [friend/family member] to me and always being there for me no matter how silly or sad the circumstances are. You’re the MVV! (Most Valuable Valentine)
- “May you always know you have my hand to hold.” – J.J. Heller
Wishes for Valentine’s Day to Friends
Make a wish! How about wishes for Valentine’s Day to friends who mean the world to you? We’ve created some darling messages that you can use or customize and send to your bestie this Valentine’s Day. Think of it like a hug wrapped up in nice sentimental words with a dollop of friendship on top!
- Happy Valentines Day, my beloved bestie! Every day, not only on this red hearts chocolate-filled one, I wish you the very best. You have such an amazing and kind heart, and it deserves only the purest of intentions, coziness, and love.
- Wishing my BFF in the entire world a happy, easy-going, stress-free, and awesome V-Day!!! This day really isn’t everything, and I know I’m about to sound so cliche, but Valentine’s Day doesn’t compare when you have a friend in your life every single day that loves you unconditionally. *Crowd goes AWWW*, And I love YOU always and forever!
- To the friend who I admire greatly and who deserves every good thing in this world x1 million, I want to wish you a beautiful and cozy V-Day! I wish you every ounce of pure happiness that the world around you can muster, and I’ll always wish that upon you because you’re one of the best friends I’ve ever had. Love ya bestie!
- Delivery! Here to drop off the world’s biggest and most precious Valentine’s Day wish for a [Miss/Mister] Most Gorgeous Person Ever? Oh! That’s you! Well, here it is: I wish for you that this Valentine’s Day and everyone you’ll experience forever fills you with love and warmth. You are quite honestly the brightest ray of sunshine I’ve ever seen, and the world is lucky to be in your presence.
- Wishing the bestest friend in the entire world the best V-Day EVER! I hope it’s filled with chocolate, love, and you can already check mark a dose from your annoying bestie (that’s ME!). Real talk though, you are the best, and I wish nothing but the best for the best person I’ll ever encounter.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day With Friends
Looking for some ideas on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day with friends? We’ve got you covered! Check out our brainstorming list of things to do on Valentine’s day and get even more fun ideas from our Galentines Day list!
- Commentate cheesy movies: Grab your snacks, put on your comfy clothes, pile up on the couch and pick out the cheesiest movie you can find. It doesn’t necessarily have to be in the romance section, either! Once you have your movie picked out, watch it with a light heart and feel free to let your inner critic come out.
- Make a meal together: Cooking can be a very bonding experience, and who doesn’t love to eat? Whether you pick out a new recipe or you make homemade pizzas, don’t underestimate the fun that’s intertwined in cooking with a friend(s).
- Thrifted outfit swap: Want to get out of the house together but not interested in the bar scene? Go to your local thrift store, make sure you have each other’s sizes, and go pick out an outfit for one another! You can go in a silly direction or a sincere one, but in either case, you’ll both have your changing room montage scene that we all loved in those coming-of-age teen girl movies.
- Craft night: Pull out all the crafting supplies you have or take a trip to the dollar tree; there’s nothing like a good old-fashioned crafting night with your friends! Have a fun playlist in the background, place out some snacks, and let the creativity flow!
- Cafe hopping: You’ve heard of bar hopping; now get ready for cafe hopping. Bring a bag full of simple activities (Ex: Books, word searches, small puzzles, tabletop games, deck of cards), grab your bestie, and take the day to go on a local coffee shop hop!
Be sure to check out more fun and cute ideas for you and your besties!
Now that you’ve got your quotes for Valentine’s Day for friends all picked out, be sure to check out these adorable and best Galentines Day quotes that your besties will LOVE! You can never shower too much appreciation and compliments over the BFFs in your life.