Besides home, work is the place where we spend most of our time and energy during the majority of the week. So it matters an awful lot when you’ve got a great boss that makes the work day less dreary. And do you know what makes the workplace even better? When recognition is delivered to those who deserve it.
Celebrate having a terrific boss on Boss’s Day! Never heard of Boss’s Day? No worries, learn all about this awesome national holiday and how you can make the most of it for your boss.
When is Boss Day?
Boss’s Day is typically celebrated nationally on October 16th. Although there are cases where this date falls on a weekend day, in which case some workplaces choose to celebrate Boss’s Day on the closest workday to October 16th.
Boss’s Day for 2022 falls on a Sunday, in this scenario, your workplace could either celebrate on the Friday leading up to Boss’s Day or the next day at work on Monday. Whichever works best for the ‘ol Boss!
What day is Boss Day?
Boss Day on October 16 is a day to celebrate your boss for all their hard work and what they’ve poured into the company you work for. A lot can go on behind the scenes that you don’t see on a daily basis.
This recognition that you can gift your boss on Boss’s Day has the potential to mean a lot more than you may think! It isn’t a day to “kiss up to the boss”, it’s a day to put all other thoughts and things aside and just speak with them, human to human, and let them know you appreciate them and their hard work.
Your boss may have a hard exterior, but everyone can gain something positive from receiving good feedback and being told they’re doing a great job!
Boss Day Messages
Thinking about slipping a card in your boss’s mailbox or sending them a nice email, but you’re having trouble with articulating the right words for them? We’ve got your back, check out these Boss Day messages that you can use wholly or help inspire your own encouraging words!
- Happy Boss Day to a boss I actually look forward to seeing every day! You make the office/workplace a little lighter, and I know I’m not the only one who appreciates that. Here’s to you!
- Everyone can say they have a boss, and it usually ends with an eye roll. But I say I have a great boss and a smile comes across my face. Thank you for being the best!
- Having a boss like you makes me feel like I can take any challenge work throws at me and go above and beyond. You truly have been the best boss I’ve ever had. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Thank you for creating a work environment that makes me feel safe and open to being my true authentic self. Not everyone has such a blessing, and I wont forget to count mine. Have a great Boss’s Day, boss!
- Happy Boss Day to the best boss in town and all around! Every holiday event, every meeting, and every day feels like I made the best choice to work for this company, all because you’re the gal/guy in charge. Thanks for running this ship and lifting us up!
- Boss, I sincerely hope you give yourself a pat on the back as often as you do the same for all of us. You have shown endless dedication to this company, it’s customers, and to us employees and there’s not a day where I don’t notice that.
- The best boss in the entire world is reading this sentence right now. Well would you look at that, it’s YOU! Happy Boss’s Day, thank you for being the best of the best!
- Boss’s Day for some people may be a time where they take a personal day off in order to avoid seeing their boss. But I couldn’t wait to see you today to let you know that having you as not only my boss but what I see as a mentor has helped shape the work ethic I have today and will continue to grow throughout my career. Thank you for believing in me, Happy Boss’s Day!
- This Boss’s Day, I hope you receive the recognition of how awesome, hard working, smart, and humble you are because by golly you deserve it. Happy Boss’s Day, now go relax!
- I wouldn’t want to be working for anyone else; I’ve learned so much from you, and I look forward to learning more and more. Thank you for showing me the ropes and continuing to believe in my abilities and potential. Happy Boss’s day to the best boss!
Gifts for Boss’s Day
Who doesn’t smile and feel special when they receive a gift? Receiving is easy though, what do you buy your boss for Boss’s Day?
If you know your boss well you can personalize the gift a bit to add a personal touch. Or if your boss is a sports fan you can buy them tickets to an upcoming game, a gift card for the movie theater, a gift that says you’ve done a great job, and here’s a gift to celebrate it! Take a look at these best gifts for Boss’s Day for some inspiration!
Bosses Day Card Ideas
Everyone is quite familiar with cards; when you open them you either expect to have a bill or two fall out and a small inscription inside. Sprinkle in some creativity and shake things up with these bosses day card ideas!
- Make a jumbo card out of a poster board and have everyone in the workplace write a nice message.
- Plan about a month or so in advance and ask everyone to send you a video of them either telling a memory they have with your boss or saying why you love having them as a boss. Then, you can compile all the videos, including your own, into a sweet little video to present to your boss!
- Create your own neatly made eCard for free on Canva.com and send it to your boss via email.
- Offer to buy your boss lunch and give them a little card to read while you’re at the table waiting for your food.
- Make a homemade card and, if you have time, bake something homemade as well and bring it to them on Boss’s Day!
- Before work, get your boss their favorite coffee/tea order and write a fun happy Boss’s Day message on the to-go cup.
Want to order a fun card for your boss? Spruce it up with these awesome Boss’s Day cards on Amazon!
Boss Day Quotes Funny
It’s nice to be sentimental, but you’ve got to know your audience. If your boss is more on the humorous Michael Scott side of the boss spectrum, try writing something goofy in their card instead! Take a look at these boss day quotes funny and silly for a fun-filled card!
- “I once worked with a man for three years and never got to know his name. Best friend I ever had.” -Ron Swanson, Parks and Rec
- “I always try to go the extra mile at work, but my boss always finds me and brings me back.” -Anonymous
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try management.” -Stephen Hawking
- “Sometimes you have to take a break from being the kind of boss that’s always trying to teach people things. Sometimes you just have to be the boss of dancing.” -Michael Scott, The Office
- “The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Sometimes you gotta work a little so you can ball a lot.” -Tom Haverford
- “We have to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third.” -Leslie Knope, Parks and Rec
- “Boss, at work you are the answer to all our problems and questions. Thanks for being our very own Google!” -Anonymous
- “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy – both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” -Michael Scott, The Office
- “Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to stay alive. Haven’t you ever read my throw pillow?” -Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
Boss Day Thank You Quotes
If you’re needing a little guidance on what to write in your thank you card for Boss’s Day, here are some Boss Day thank you quotes that will make for a great sentiment for your boss!
- “Thank you for being a boss that I can come to for advice or a laugh, and a mentor I can look up to and strive to be more like.”
- “To a boss who guides with insight and inspiration, recognizes accomplishments, encourages and appreciates employees, and models thoughtfulness day after day.” -Anonymous
- “Your leadership has made a tremendous difference not only in my work performance but in my outside life. Thank you for being a great boss, you’re the best!”
- “Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader. They set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role, always about the goal.” -Unknown
- “Whatever a workplace looks like it needs a good leader. Thank you for being the amazing boss that makes this place soar!”
- “Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another.” -John C. Maxwell
- “Thank you for being a boss that makes going up and beyond more than worth it!”
- “Not many people have the privilege to work under someone as caring and understanding as you. I am grateful for that and if I had to pick a boss again, I definitely will pick you.” -Unknown
- “What a life to be able to say thank you to a boss, you’re the best of the best!”
- “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” -Rosalynn Carter
- “I want to take a time out from the busy office life to say thank you. Thank you for being a boss that I can look up to, I didn’t know how much I needed that until you gave me this position.”
- “A good boss can take a random collection of people and form them into a team.” -Unknown
- “It’s one thing to be proud of the work you do, but it’s a whole other that only a small part of the workforce population can say that you’re proud to work for your boss. And I am thankful to say, I’m part of that portion of the population.”
- “Thank you for being a boss that doesn’t make me regret accepting this position, cause we both know it’s not the pay! All jokes aside, thank you for being a great boss.”
- “Sincerly, with all my employee heart, thank you for being a rock star of a boss. Seriously, all the other bosses in the world should be taking some notes from you!”
Want some more Boss Day fun? Get more quotes for Boss’s Day and continue on with the admiration and amusement!