Boss’s Day is the day when you celebrate and appreciate your boss. Giving your boss a card with a thoughtful or funny saying is a great way to let your boss know they’re appreciated. If you’re unsure of what to say in your Boss’s Day card, don’t worry. We’ve got plenty of Boss’s Day quotes for you to choose from!
35 Happy Boss Day Quotes & Messages for Your Boss
We’ve got all of the Boss’s Day quotes you’ll need for the exact relationship you have with your boss. Whether it’s a formal card or a casual message you want to relay to your manager on Boss’s Day, we have all of the quotes and messages you can use this Boss Day.
Formal Boss Day Quotes & Messages
- Thank you for everything you do!
- We appreciate you and would be lost without you!
- Thank you for always leading our team in the right direction.
- Thank you for being the best boss.
- You’re the best boss, and we appreciate you!
- Happy Boss’s Day! We appreciate everything you do!
- Thank you for always being here for us. Happy Boss’s Day!
- To the best boss a team could ask for. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Thank you for the confidence you have in all of us. We appreciate you so much!
- You’re simply the best. Happy Boss’s Day!
Funny Boss Day Quotes & Messages
- Your easiest job was picking me as your employee. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Happy Boss’s Day from your favorite employee!
- We’d give you the day off, but we’re not the boss. You are! Happy Boss’s Day!
- Sorry we make your job difficult. Happy Boss’s Day!
- If it weren’t for us, you wouldn’t be a boss, so you’re welcome. Happy Boss’s Day!
- We hope you do as little work today as we do every day. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Happy Boss’s Day to someone I’m glad to call my boss.
- Happy Boss’s Day to our favorite boss!
- Happy Boss’s Day to the first boss to make me not want to quit my job.
- Best. Boss. Ever. Happy Boss’s Day!
Thoughtful and Personal Boss Day Quotes & Messages
- Thank you for believing in me. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Thank you for being more than a boss. Thank you for being a teacher, a mentor, and a friend. Happy Boss’s Day!
- There’s not enough room to write everything you do for us, so thank you for everything. Happy Boss’s Day!
- A team is only as successful as its coach. Thank you for being the best coach for our team. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Thanks for always teaching us instead of just telling us. That’s what makes you a great boss. Happy Boss’s Day!
- Thank you for always lending a hand to help us out. We see what you do and really appreciate you! Happy Boss’s Day!
- I hope one day I can be half the boss that you are. Happy Boss’s Day!
Famous Quotes for Boss Day
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” -Ronald Reagan
- “To do great things is difficult, but to command great things is more difficult.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The task of the leader is to get their people from where they are to where they have not been.” -Henry Kissinger
- “One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who follow you.” – Dennis A. Peer
- “A good manager is a man who isn’t worried about his/her own career, but rather the careers of those that work for him.” H.S.M. Burns
- “The greatest gift of leadership is a boss who wants you to be successful.” – Jon Taffer
- “By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
- “A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.”- M.D. Arnold
- “Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.” – Orrin Woodward
What Is Boss’s Day, and Why Is It Important?
Boss’s Day is a designated day to celebrate managers, bosses, and leaders throughout the corporate world. Employees will often give their boss a card with funny, serious, or personal messages written inside telling their boss how much they appreciate them and what they mean to them.
Along with a card with Boss Day quotes and messages, employees may also give their boss flowers, cake, candy, or other gifts to show their appreciation.
Boss’s Day is important because bosses and managers have a difficult job, and they’re not always appreciated for their hard work, especially by their own bosses. While bosses and managers may have perks that not all employees have, they often have a heavier workload than their employees.
Because of this, they can feel unappreciated, so it’s important to take this day out of the year to celebrate the hard work that your boss does all year long.
When is Boss Day Celebrated?
Boss’s Day, also known as National Boss Day or Bosses Day, is observed every year on October 16th unless it falls on a weekend where it is celebrated on the closest business day.
Boss’s Day 2022: October 17, 2022 (Monday)
Boss’s Day 2023: October 16, 2023 (Monday)
Boss’s Day 2024: October 16, 2024 (Wednesday)
Boss’s Day 2025: October 16, 2025 (Thursday)
Boss’s Day 2026: October 16, 2026 (Friday)
Some Final Tips on How to Observe Boss’s Day
You should plan to make your boss feel special on Boss’s Day. If you are your boss’s only employee, then you can give your boss a card with a cake, candy, flowers, or a small gift card to thank them for everything they do.
If you are one of several employees on your boss’s team, everyone can go in collectively to get your boss a bigger gift. This can include a round of golf at your boss’s favorite golf course or a large gift card to your boss’s favorite restaurant.
You can also decorate your boss’s office with Happy Boss’s Day balloons, streamers, and quotes. The most important thing to remember is to celebrate your boss on Boss’s Day so that your boss feels special on this day.
Other Office, Boss, and Coworker Messages
- 52 Boss’s Day Quotes, Messages, & Gifts That Are Out of The Park!
- 43 Motivational Work Hard Play Hard Quotes
- 40 Top Hard Work Beats Talent Quotes for Motivation
- The 50 Best Office Puns for Your Coworkers