National Bacon Day may just be the best holiday of the year. National Bacon Day is celebrated on December 30th of every year. If you’re one of those people who have post-Christmas blues when Christmas is over, National Bacon Day will help you through it.
To celebrate National Bacon Day, you’ll need bacon and a great National Bacon Day saying. You can post these National Bacon Day sayings on social media, or you can put them in a card for your favorite bacon-lover in your life.
Here are some sayings and quotes that you should use this upcoming National Bacon Day.
- “Are you achin’ for some bacon?” – The Lion King
- Don’t go bacon my heart
- You’re bacon me crazy
- Bacon is my weakness
- BAE = Bacon and Eggs
- I can’t make everyone happy. I’m not bacon!
- “It’s a proven fact that all plans involving bacon have a 90 percent better chance of working out.” – Jeff Gunhus
- “Bacon — that perennial favorite, known even to sway hardened vegetarian.” – Jack Campbell
- Is there such a thing as too much bacon?
- Everything is better with bacon
- Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen
- Bacon is the reason I’m not a vegetarian
- I’ll have bacon with a side of bacon
- If loving bacon is wrong, I don’t want to be right
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
- Keep calm and eat bacon
- Give me bacon or give me death
- Don’t fry bacon naked, and don’t ask me how I know
- “That’s too much bacon!” Said no one ever
- Bacon is my spirit animal
- Bacon and I have a lot in common. Hot, salty, and satisfying
- This post is sponsored by bacon
- Bacon goes good with everything
- Give me bacon, and nobody gets hurt
- I want someone to whisper those three magic words to me: “Let’s get bacon.”
- Bacon lover
- Fueled by bacon
- May your bacon never burn
- Say no to drugs and say yes to bacon
- This guy loves bacon
- This girl loves bacon
- Peace. Love. Bacon
- I’m into fitness. Fitness bacon in my mouth
- I wonder if bacon thinks about me too
- You had me at bacon.
- Thanks a brunch!
- “I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me.” – Michael Scott
- “Bacon’s the best. Even the frying of bacon sounds like applause!” – Jim Gaffigan
- “Nothing helps scenery like bacon and eggs.” – Mark Twain
- Either you love bacon, or you’re wrong
To get more exposure and interaction on your social media posts on National Bacon Day, you should use some of the following hashtags:
National Bacon Day was invented in 1997 by Danya D Goodman and Meff Leonard, who simply wanted to bring people together through their love of bacon every year. They chose December 30th for the day because they wanted to incorporate the tradition of eating pork at the holidays but in a different way.
Bacon also has different meanings and preparation methods throughout the world.
- American bacon comes from the pork belly and contains more fat. American bacon is smoked and cured, infusing it with various flavors before it’s cooked, and comes in strips.
- Canadian bacon is made from the pig’s back and resembles ham. It is thicker pieces and is often in round or half-moon shapes.
- Irish bacon is similar to Canadian bacon, except it’s often thicker. It comes from the pig’s back, just like Canadian bacon, which makes it so similar.
- Italian bacon comes in different variations. Prosciutto or speck is uncooked and unsmoked dry ham that is sliced extremely thin, while pancetta is thicker unsmoked meat that comes from the pork belly.
National Bacon Day isn’t the only holiday where bacon can be the center of attention. Take a look at some of these other national and international holidays where bacon can be celebrated:
- International Bacon Day – the Saturday before Labor Day in the United States
- International Brunch Day – March 14th
- National Bloody Mary Day – January 1st
- National Breakfast Day – March 13th
- National Egg Day – June 3rd
- National Coffee Day – October 1st
- National Pancake Day – September 26th
You can enjoy bacon on any (or all!) of these national and international days!
If jokes are your favorite, we’ve got some bacon jokes and puns that you can use on National Bacon Day!
- What do you call a bacon-wrapped dinosaur? Jurassic Pork!
- Which celebrity tastes the best? Kevin Bacon.
- What did the egg do when bacon told a joke? He cracked up!
- Why did the pig go to the kitchen? Because he felt like bacon.
- What play did the bacon go see? Hamlet.
- What do you get when you play tug-of-war with bacon? Pulled pork!
First, you need to let everyone know it’s National Bacon Day. This means creating a social media post and sharing it with everyone. You can use a fun picture quote, but we recommend actually eating bacon and sharing it on this special day. And if you don’t feel like frying up an entire pack of bacon on this day (although, why wouldn’t you?), there’s plenty of other bacon recipes you can choose from to commemorate this special day!
If you want to celebrate National Bacon Day with the bacon-lover in your life, we recommend using one of these bacon-inspired ideas!
- Make a BLT (bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich)
- Grill hamburgers with bacon on top
- Have breakfast for dinner
- Use bacon bits in your salad
- Have a baked potato with lots of bacon
- Bake bacon-wrapped cocktail weenies
National Bacon Day is on December 30th so make sure you have plenty of bacon in your refrigerator to cook on this day. While every day should be National Bacon Day, in our opinion, you don’t want to forget about bacon’s special day on December 30th every year! And if you’re looking for even more bacony goodness, make sure to check out the amazing Bacon Today website.