Have you ever watched any of the Friday the 13th movies? Friday the 13th is primarily synonymous with the fictional yet terrifying character of Jason Voorhees. The films never fail to send us a chill on the spine, especially when Freddy Krueger came into the picture. The franchise is composed of 12 films from 1980 to 2009. And with that, there is no shortage of Friday the 13th quotes from the movies!
Aside from the movie quotes, we also include some scary, teasing, and comforting quotes that you can send to friends and families during this day! We also added fun facts about this day to better understand what it really means.
So, check out these Friday the 13th quotes and trivia below!
Friday the 13th Movie Quotes (1980)
1. Bill: If this is a joke, I’m gonna brain ‘em!
2. Mrs. Voorhees: Did you know a young boy drowned the year before those two others were killed? The counselors weren’t paying any attention… They were making love while that young boy drowned. His name was Jason. I was working the day that it happened; preparing meals… here. I was the cook. Jason should’ve been watched; every minute. He was… He wasn’t a very good swimmer. We can go now… dear.
3. Mrs. Voorhees: You see, Jason was my son, and today is his birthday…
4. Ned: I’m just kidding around, officer…
Dorf: Okay, can it, Cochise.
5. Mrs. Voorhees: (seeing Brenda’s dead body) Oh, good Lord! So young… So pretty. Oh, what monster could have done this?
6. Alice: Bill’s out there.
Alice: Bill? Steve wants to know if we need more paint.
Bill: Paint’s all right. Need more thinner.
Bill: Alice, did the others show up?
Alice: Yeah, everybody except that girl Annie.
Bill: Think you’re gonna last all summer?
Alice: I don’t know if I’m gonna last all week.
7. Crazy Ralph: You’re doomed! You’re all doomed!
8. Dorf: You kids keep your noses clean, you understand? You’ll be hearing from me if you don’t! We ain’t gonna stand for any weirdness out here!
9. Brenda: Just wait until he lands on my old Kentucky home.
Bill: More beer? More beer!
10. Alice: The boy… is he dead, too?
Sgt. Tierney: Who?
Alice: The boy. Jason.
Sgt. Tierney: Jason?
Alice: In the lake, the one… the one who attacked me… the one who pulled me underneath the water.
Sgt. Tierney: Ma’am, we didn’t find any boy.
Alice: But… then, he’s still out there.
11. Mrs. Voorhees: Come, dear. It’ll be easier for you than it was for Jason.
12. Marcie: Why, when I looked into that mirror, I knew I’d always be ugly. I said, ‘Lizzy, you’ll always be plain.”
13. Mrs. Voorhees: Look what you did to him!
14. Jack: Kill her mommy, KILL HER!
Mrs. Voorhees: Kill her, Mommy! Kill her!
15. Crazy Ralph: I’m a messenger of God. You’re doomed if you stay here!
16. Ned: If you were a flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
Marcie: Rocky road.
Friday the 13the Quotes from the 2009 Movie
1. Camp Counselor: Why are you doing this?
Pamela Voorhees: You need to be punished for what you did to him.
Camp Counselor: I didn’t do anything.
Pamela Voorhees: You let him drown. Jason was my son.
2. Chewie: (Imitating Trent) Hi, my name is Trent. My daddy bent me over this chair and beat me when I was little, so you need to fix it.
3. Wade: Why would you eat my leg, man? I can teach you to fish; just go fishing.
Richie: I don’t eat fish.
4. Old Lady: People go missing around here, they’re gone for good. Outsiders come, they don’t know where to walk. They bring trouble. We just want to be left alone. And so does he.
Clay: So does who?
5. Wade: I am relaxed. You wanna know why?
Wade: ‘cause I’m gonna be fuckin’ rich. You know what rich people do?
Wade: They relax.
6. Richie: I get it, though, dude. You do what you gotta do to survive, you know? If we were all out here starving to death and you were… and you were dead, I’d eat your leg.
Amanda: That’s really sweet.
7. Chewie: (coming out of a cramped backseat) Oh, my God. Babies have more space in the uterus.
8. Chewie: (hands over hockey stick to Jason) Are you looking for this? Because, uh, it completes your outfit.
9. Whitney Miller: Jason. Say hi to Mommy… (stabs Jason with a machete) … in hell.
10. Bree: (speaking softly to Chewie with a flaming drink) Did you forget how to drink that? Just bring it to your lips, blow, and suck.
11. Wade: May the force be with your schwartz.
Scary (and Teasing) Quotes and Sayings About Friday the 13th
- “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.” -Michael Scott, The Office
- “Very superstitious, writings on the wall. Very superstitious, ladders ‘bout to fall.” -Stevie Wonder, Superstition
- “I’m every nightmare you ever had! I am your worst dream come true! I’m everything you ever were afraid of!” -Pennywise the Clown, It
- “Something wicked this way comes.” -Shakespeare, Macbeth
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Walk away from that black cat. It’s evil. Cats were believed to be the familiars of witches in the Middle Ages.” -Unknown
- “It’s Friday the 14th, so sorry if I’m a haunted mess.” -Unknown
- “Do not start a new job or business on Friday the 13th, it will be followed by collapse or bankruptcy.” -Unknown
- “Happy Friday the 13th! Don’t look at what’s under your bed tonight & don’t turn off the light. You don’t know what’s coming. Have a good day!” -Unknown
- “It’s Friday the 13th. Just warning you all before you make any weekend arrangements for wood cabins by the lake.” -Unknown
- “If so, consider yourself lucky. But beware until midnight: it is still Friday the 13th.” -Jack King
Comforting Friday the 13th Quotes
- “Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. It’s gonna be another blessed day for God’s people, just like every other day.” -Unknown
- “In reality, there’s no such thing as bad luck. Friday the 13th is just a day like any other day.” -Michael Feldman
- “Friday the 13th is still better than Monday the whatever.” -Unknown
- “It’s Friday the 13th! It’s only bad luck if you put it in your head. Think it’s just another day and stay positive. Have faith in God!” -Unknown
- “It may be Friday the 13th, but it is still Friday and a reason to dance.” -Unknown
- “Forget the bad luck. I’m choosing to have a great day.” -Unknown
Friday the 13th Amazing Trivia
- “Ever wonder what the big deal is about this silly date? We did. It turns out the history of Friday the 13th is complicated. There are superstitions about Friday, superstitions about the number 13 – which together seem to create the fear of Friday the 13th. Most of these superstitions are rooted in religion.” -Unknown
- “President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would never host 13 guests at a meal. Napoleon and President Herbert Hoover were also triskaidekaphobic, with an abnormal fear of the number 13.” -Unknown
- “Fear of Friday the 13th, one of the most popular myths in science, is called paraskavedekatriaphobia as well as friggatriskaidekaphobia. Triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number 13.” -Unknown
- “Every month that begins on a Sunday has a Friday the 13th.” -Auliq Ice
Are you scared of Friday the 13th or deem it as any regular day? Everyone has different beliefs in life, which are mostly attributed to our religion, culture, and upbringing. Whether you feel unlucky or still treat it as normal, just make sure to make the most out of it as you would with any other day. Be safe and cautious while still enjoying what the day brings to you. After all, it is all in your mindset and perspective.
Did you like these Friday the 13th quotes? If yes, check out more quotes below!