We all love that folksy catchy song that goes a little something like, Home is Whenever I’m With you! But seasoned homeowners know there’s a magical feeling in holding the keys to your very own home.
If someone in your life recently became a first-time homeowner or was finally able to move into their dream home, these wholesome housewarming wishes will fit perfectly snugly in the heart of your recipient. Moving into a new house is a big deal and a grand milestone that’s worth the celebration. Make your friend’s or family member’s day even more special with genuine housewarming wishes.
A new homeowner or new to the home, take a look through these precious and sweet Housewarming Wishes that are sure to warm up the heart of any homeowner! These housewarming wishes can be jotted down in a card, a text message, a Facebook post, or whatever suits your fancy!
- The journey was long; the boxes were heavy, but you’re all moved in, and now you can take things steady. There’s no need to rush it; you’ve got nothing but time to settle in and decorate. So let’s take this time to unwind and celebrate!
- Seeing you happy makes my heart soar, and when you first told me that you got the house and I saw how happy you were, I couldn’t contain my joy. You deserve this so much, and if you ever need anything I’ll be here to help. Congratulations on your beautiful new home!
- Most of us have several homes in our lives, and it’s kind of beautiful that they all feel a little different and offer their own unique vibe. Whether you stay in this home forever or you pick up and move in the future, I know for certain that every place you step into will be glowing from the inside out. And there’s no doubt in my mind you’ll have nothing but wonderful memories in your new home.
- A wonderful new home for a wonderful set of people. Truly, I can’t think of anyone else who is more deserving. I wish you nothing but love, fun, joy, and peace within the stable walls of your new place. Congrats you guys!
- New home who dis?! I’ve never seen a house fit it’s owner(s) so good. I can’t WAIT to see what you’ll do to make this place yours, the potential is incredible. And if you need extra working hands for painting or home repairs, I’ll send my [Husband/partner/wife] right over!
- A huge and exciting congratulations on your beautiful new place to call home! Without even seeing it fully decorated or stepping inside, I already know that this house is going to be filled to its shingles with loveliness, happiness, and coziness. May you find peace and contentment in your new routines and neighbors. So happy for you!
- My goodness does home ownership look good on you, my friend; you’re thriving! Living your best life; you’re what I want to be when I grow up. Real talk though, I couldn’t be happier for you. Let the memory-making– begin!
- Home is a big deal at every stage of your life, and your new home suits you absolutely perfectly. I am overjoyed for you and your growing family. Please let me know if you need any help; I’m so excited for you!
- Happy new home! That’s what people say, right? Well, anyway, I’m so ecstatic for you/your family! There’s so much fun ahead of you; sure, there will be tough moments and repairs, but don’t let that overshadow the extraordinary possibilities that lay ahead of you. This home gets to be your special place, and I can’t wait to see it and lend a helping hand when you need it!
- I’m sure you’ve heard a novel’s worth of housewarming wishes already, but I hope with each one it still warms your heart and new home. You deserve to be in a space that provides you with comfort, joy, serenity, support, and motivation. And with how much passion and light lives in your heart and soul, I know this house is going to transform into a home. Congratulations!
Housewarming Message Card for New Homeowners
Becoming a new homeowner is one of the biggest life-changing moments of a person’s life. There’s newfound pride and also a load of new responsibilities. Fill the new homeowner of your life’s heart up with these uplifting and wholesome housewarming wishes that will not only let them know how proud you are but also encourage the big decision and accomplishment they made.
- Life is full of milestones; some are witnessed, and others are silently celebrated. But this accomplishment, this milestone right here, we’re not letting that go by without a grand old parade! I’m/We are so incredibly proud and overflowing with happiness for you and your new home. Congratulations!
- Cherish this precious moment in your lives. You don’t have to overthink it; just sit in your living room, whether it’s furnished or not, and listen to all the new sounds. How the tree shakes its leaves outside your window. The new neighborhood dogs. The friendly creaks of your new home saying “It’s so nice to meet you.” Notice where the natural light comes in and smile at the new shadows you and your belongings create. Embrace all these little things, uphold them day to day, and your home will be closer to your heart than you can imagine.
- The word Congratulations doesn’t even do it justice; this is such a major accomplishment! You’re going to unlock so many moments, and abilities within you that you didn’t even know, create spaces you didn’t know could exist, and create memories you never thought were possible. There’s a lot of unknown ahead, but it’s all good stuff.
- I sincerely hope you are so dang proud of yourself right now because I am over the moon so proud of you! What a huge moment in your life, and I feel incredibly blessed to witness it. I’ll be here for you no matter what, and I can’t wait to make new memories together in your new home!
- Home has different yet similar definitions depending on who you ask. And now, you get to create your very own definition as you settle in and transform this house into your very own home. Your home will be an extension of you; therefore, I know it’s going to be extraordinary. Congratulations!!!
- Alright, so how did you feel after you signed the papers? Mindblown? Anticlimactic? Did you need a nap? Well, it’s all behind you– welcome home! Sending you all the best vibes and housewarming wishes for you and this incredible journey you’re on!
- How good does it feel to embrace your inner Dorthy, sigh, and say there’s no place like home? It will take some time to hang things up, pick out the right paint colors, and memorize which floorboards creak, and it’s all going to unfold and happen at exactly the right times it needs to. Don’t let the piles or unpacked boxes fill your head with urgency; take it one day at a time. Take a moment to realize what’s happening because it’s truly amazing. Be proud of yourself; I’m so proud of you!
- A gigantic and joyful congratulations to my favorite new homeowner(s)! There are going to be lots of moments in your life, and I hope you take a few seconds out of this first week in your new home to really take it all in. These are moments you’ll look back on, and I hope you cherish them deeply.
- When I found out your offer got accepted on the house, I was jumping for literal joy; and I still am! It’s so surreal that all of this is happening, and I can’t think of a better person to receive this much happiness. You always provide everyone with a safe and loving place to land, and now you can have the same thing. Congrats once again on your beautiful new home!
- Watching you go through this house-hunting journey certainly had its ups and downs. But for every rejected offer or fixer-upper you experienced, getting that phone call that you’re finally moving into your own home was all worth it. I’m so extremely happy for you! Just as I was there for you during the house hunt, I’ll be here during the DIY projects, the parties, and all the memories in between for years to come. Congratulations, and happy housewarming!
Housewarming Gift Ideas
It can be challenging to think of what to get someone for a housewarming present. You don’t want to give them something they’ll want to toss or push deep into the closet or make them feel obligated to keep. Get the ball rolling for present inspiration by checking out our brainstormed housewarming gift ideas!
- A lovely picture frame. This is a terrific housewarming gift idea because it gives the homeowner(s) the ability to choose what to put in the frame, and it’s a new sentimental piece for their house. Pro tip: Pick out a frame that is easily matchable and not too specific. This way, it can fit anywhere in the house!
- New Homeowner Coupon Book. We know what you may be thinking. A coupon book, what is this Kindergarten? Well, don’t knock it quite yet; you can create an adorable and very useful coupon book using a free site such as Canva and make coupons for acts of service you can provide the new homeowners. Examples: Extra hand for painting, raking the leaves/mowing the lawn, moving day helping hand.
- A gift card. Of course, this may seem like a boring option, but truthfully it may just be the person/couple’s favorite gift! There are lots of new items to buy with a new home, so having some extra cash goes a long way!
- Monogrammed coasters/welcome mat. Two things that can be easily forgotten to pick up but come in quite handy day to day. Plus, every time the new homeowners use it, they’ll think of you!
- Paint a picture. Is there a bit of an artist living inside of you? Paint a picture for the new homeowners to put up in their house! How incredibly special would it be to paint a picture of their home or of the person/couple themselves; a gift truly straight from the heart!
- Board game/puzzle. Perhaps a board game or puzzle isn’t the first thing you think of when coming up with housewarming gift ideas to accompany housewarming wishes. But getting a fun game or beautiful puzzle can spark a whole lot of fun during an exciting but, at times, a stressful milestone in the new homeowner’s life.
- Movie night basket. This is a super cute and fun idea, especially for a couple who just moved into a new home together. Purchase a movie or get a gift card for their local movie theatre, buy their favorite snacks, and BAM! You just gave them a stress-free date night!
- Write a poem. Freeverse or rhyming, a poem that expresses the new things that are yet to come, can really pull on the heartstrings. And better yet, you can frame your poem, and it can double as a decoration!
Cute New Home Quotes
Need some inspiration or guidance on what to write on the tag of your housewarming gift? These cute new home quotes serve as the perfect housewarming wishes that can easily fit on a gift tag or double as a witty Instagram caption if you make a post for the happy new homeowners.
- “Putting your house in order is the magic that creates a vibrant and happy life.” – Marie Kondo
- “Home is the nicest word there is.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” – Stephanie Perkins
- “Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.” – Jane Austen
- “There is no place like home.” – L. Frank Baum
- “I’ve learned that home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.” – Cecelia Ahern
- “A house is made of walls and beams. A home is made of love and dreams.” – Unknown
- “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Anyone can live in a house, but homes are created with patience, time and love.” – Jane Green
- “We’re all just walking each other home.” – Ram Dass
- “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.” – Pierce Brown
- “Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.” – Charles Dickens
- “Home is where the heart is, even if you can’t remember which box you packed it in.” – Unknown
- “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” – Wendy Wunder
- “Coming home is one of the most beautiful things.” – Andre Rieu
- “I’m going to make everything around me beautiful- that will be my life.” – Elsie de Wolfe
- “Our home should be life-giving and soul-refreshing, a soft spot to land on a hard day and a beautiful place to recharge and rejuvenate.” – Unknown
- “People usually are the happiest at home.” – William Shakespeare
- “We shape our homes and then our homes shape us.” – Winston Churchill
- “May your home know joy, each room hold laughter, and every window always be open to great possibilities.” – Mary Anne Radmacher Hershey
- “Home sweet home. This is the place to find happiness. If one doesn’t find it here, one doesn’t find it anywhere.” – M. K. Soni
- “Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love.” – Nate Berkus
A new set of keys, a new sense of pride, and plenty of housewarming wishes; the perfect recipe for a lovely housewarming for new or seasoned homeowners!
Being a new homeowner can be overwhelming; one of the best gifts you can offer is your support and service. If you’re already a homeowner, think about when you first got your keys: what housewarming wishes did you really need to hear or receive during that new season of your life?
Lend a hand and celebrate! Isn’t that what life is about?
Even More Inspiring Ideas
- How to Write a Thank You Note That’s Genuine & Meaningful
- 125 Great Ice Breaker Questions to Shake Things Up!