We all remember those first days of school when you had to introduce yourself to the class; talk about cringe! Alas getting to know someone, doesn’t have to be painfully awkward. Whether it’s a coworker or a group you’ll be hanging out with, there’s more that lies within the unspoken then you may think; you just need the right conversation starters to kick things up a fun and sociable notch.
Check out these easy-going, fun, and light-hearted ice breaker questions for various settings. Say goodbye to nervous fidgeting and hello to fun mingling!
In this article
Ice Breaker Questions for Work Zoom
Throughout these past few years, especially, a large majority of us have become quite familiar with Zoom and other video conference tools. We’ve heard all of the make sure your camera is off jokes and forgetting to turn your mic back on when it’s your turn to talk. Let’s bring in some fun and easy ice breaker questions for work zoom meetings that will bring some life back into the video call!
- What’s the earliest occupation you can remember saying you wanted to be?
- Do you have any pets as in-house colleagues?
- Are there any houseplants at your desk/office/home office and do they have names?
- Where at home do you like working the best? How about the least?
- Is your morning routine different now that you work remotely?
- What professional achievement are you the proudest of?
- What was your first job, and what did you learn/gain from that experience?
- Are you a coffee person, or a tea person, and how many cups is your daily average?
- Do you have any quirky retirement plans in mind?
- What does your ideal day off of work look like to you?
- If you and your family get a weekend vacation, what do you enjoy doing?
- If you were able to choose where the company Christmas party was held, where would it be and what would be the main event?
- If your new co-workers were the cast of the last show you watched, how functional would the office be?
- What’s one of your favorite memories with your family or friends?
- Which person in your life has been your biggest role model?
- If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you’d buy?
- What’s one of your favorite things about your job?
- Outside of work, what do you like to do for fun?
- Would you rather meet a star athlete or a movie star?
- What’s your secret talent?
- If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?
- Do you have a favorite board game?
- What’s the last movie you saw in theaters?
- What’s a fact about yourself that your coworkers wouldn’t expect?
- If you could get catered lunches from any restaurant where would it be from and do you think you’d get sick of it?
Team Ice Breaker Questions
From a young age, we’ve been taught how important and valuable teamwork is — it gets the job done! A crucial component of that successful teamwork is knowing your team members and having a good dynamic in your work area. Here are some terrific team ice breaker questions to establish that positive and go-getter environment that will help you all thrive as a team!
- What has been one of the most influential moments in your life?
- Out of all your qualities which are the ones you’re proudest of?
- Which animal would you say represents you best?
- What is your go-to TV show when you need a good laugh or to relax?
- What is your dream car?
- Do you prefer to live in the country or in the city?
- If you were given the opportunity to travel in space, would you do it?
- Do you have a hobby you wish you could make into a full-time job?
- What is your middle-of-the-night snack?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- How do others describe your sense of humor?
- If you could be fluent in any language which would it be?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- Who’s your favorite actor/actress?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had, and what did you learn from it?
- If your life was made into a sitcom, what would be the title?
- What does your taste in music look like?
- What your favorite and least favorite food?
- When was a time in your life that you had to think and react fast?
- If someone asked you for life advice, what would you tell them?
- What emoji best describes your personality?
- If you could be any animal for a day, which would it be and why?
- Do you listen to any podcasts?
- What celebrity do you wish would have given your High School graduation speech?
Small Group Ice Breaker Questions
Being in a small group — whether it’s for a project, event, or activity — has great potential to be positively impactful and fun! There is more room for personal relationships, conversations, and connections when you’re in a smaller group of people. And with the right set of small group ice breaker questions, that group of people can get a lot out of their time together!
- What is something on your bucket list?
- What’s your comfort movie?
- What’s your go-to carnival ride/attraction when it comes into town?
- Would you ever want to be famous? If so, what would you want to be famous for?
- Is there a person in your life that inspires you?
- What’s one of your proudest accomplishments in your life?
- If you could be the master of one hobby, what would it be and why?
- Do you have a comfort snack/food?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Would you rather take a cruise or take a train ride adventure?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could have any pet in the world what would it be?
- Which fictional family could you see yourself fitting into perfectly?
- What’s the best movie you ever saw in theaters?
- If your life was made into a movie, who would you cast to play you and the supporting role?
- Where would you want to spend your 80th birthday?
- If you could spend a day with any fictional character, who would it be and what would you do?
- Where have you had the best pizza ever?
- What’s an embarrassing story about yourself that you’re willing to share?
- Would your younger self be proud of you?
- Are there any animals that freak you out?
- What is your most used emoji right now?
- Is there an instrument you wish you had mastered?
- Do you have any jokes memorized?
- If you could obtain a superpower, what would it be?
Ice Breaker Questions for Dating
There are a lot of steps and milestones for getting to know someone on an intimately emotional level, and it’s incredibly rewarding when you find the right person who lights up your world! You can try out these perfect ice breaker questions for dating that will help you both see each other for who you really are, and be in touch with your inner self as well.
- What show can you binge-watch again and again?
- Roller coasters or water slides?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why would it fit you and your life?
- Do you have any family traditions that you love and look forward to each year?
- Are you a dog, cat, or plant person?
- Did you have a favorite TV show growing up?
- What’s the story of your first kiss/first date?
- If you could change something about the way you grew up, what would you change?
- If you were to perform in a talent show, what would be your act?
- Is there an artist or band’s music that touched you deeply and will always be close to your heart?
- Did you have any childhood pets?
- What’s the worst date you went on?
- Did you ever have a fun ringtone or a song set as your ringtone?
- What kind of clubs/sports were you involved in, in high school?
- Do you want to explore anywhere outside of our country, if so where?
- Would you rather go to a concert or a broadway musical?
- Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
- What was the name of your childhood stuffed animal/favorite toy?
- Do you prefer sweet or savory foods?
- What does your dream date look like?
- If your life was turned into a book, and then an audio book, who would you choose to narrate your story?
- Do you like road trips, if so what was your favorite one so far?
- What’s the wallpaper on your phone?
- What’s a cringy moment from your teen years?
- Is there a book that you wish you could go back and read for the first time again?
Adult Ice Breaker Questions
We can probably all recall in our youth there were adolescent ice breaker questions, such as what’s your favorite color or describe yourself with one word using your first initial. But let’s kick it up a notch, adult ice breaker questions are needed when we graduate from the kids’ table, too!
- When’s the last time you did something for the first time?
- If you could see any band or artist, living or dead, in concert with front row seats who would you pick?
- What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
- Can you recall a memory in your life that you believe has made you a part of who you are today?
- What’s one of the craziest things you’ve ever done?
- If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self a message, what would it be?
- If you could sing any song perfectly, which would it be and why?
- Is there a movie you wish you could go back and experience for the first time?
- What was your favorite meal growing up?
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- Do you have any collections or did you as a child?
- What do you feel the most grateful for?
- Where would be your dream vacation?
- What’s one of your all time favorite songs?
- Did your family go on any trips together, do you have some favorite memories from that?
- Is there a food you detested as a child but now as an adult you love it?
- What’s your favorite local restaurant to eat at?
- If you could stay one age forever, what age would it be and why?
- What’s been one of the best things that you’ve learned about yourself?
- If you could interact with any animal and be completely safe, which would it be?
- Let’s say you could pick one thing that you can have an unltimated supply of for the rest of your life, but not money, what would it be?
- Are there any weird food combos that you love but others cringe at?
- What’s your favorite non-alcoholic drink and alcoholic drink?
- Do you like breakfast food or dinner food better?
- Have you ever done karaoke before? If you have what is your go-to song? If you want to do karaoke some day what song would you pick?
Life is full of questions, both serious and heavy, so why not mix things up by throwing in some fun and interesting ice breaker questions to loosen the nerves and have a little fun! Perhaps you’ll see that the next time you’re in a group setting that calls for some ice breaker questions, that there’s more fun in joining in and being a part of the conversation then secretly wishing you weren’t there. People can be far more relatable and cool if you provide the space for them to be themselves!
More Office Message and Inspiring Work Quotes
- 70 Uplifting Quotes on Work Ethic
- 40 Top Hard Work Beats Talent Quotes for Motivation
- The 50 Best Office Puns for Your Coworkers