Traditionally in the Roman Catholic faith, the celebration of a child’s first communion is a large milestone in their faith journey.
Communion is taken during mass and is when wine and bread (Representing the blood and body of Christ) are blessed by the Priest and are then taken in remembrance of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. When one is taking communion, they recognize thousands of years of devotion, tradition, and pure belief that hut before them and how special it is to partake in such an action.
Fill your card with special meaning on this big day, for the little guy or gal in your life as they embark on their very own walk of faith, with the first communion card messages below.
In this article
What Age At First Communion
When children receive their first communion in the Catholic church they are around the age of 7-8, or second grade for clear context. This is one of the first big decisions and proceedings they get to participate in within the church, and it’s a remarkable achievement in Catholicism, so there’s lots of cause for celebration!
Below are categories of first communion card messages for boys and girls that will give you the perfect words and inspiration you need to make your card great!
First Communion Card Messages (First Communion Cards)
These endearing first communion card messages can be used for any person that is receiving their first communion. It’s a wonderful way to show them that their achievement is celebrated amongst those who love them!
- What a glorious day to celebrate one of your many important and valuable steps in your walk of faith. We are all so proud of you, and we cannot wait to watch this path of yours flourish. God bless you!
- God shines upon you every day, but it feels a bit brighter today with how proud he is of you! You have done so wonderfully, and it has been a blessing to watch you grow up into the bright ray of sunshine that you are. May God bless you, and lift you.
- The day of your First Communion is one I will cherish forever. As you are drawn closer to our Lord remember how much you are loved and the beautiful life that God was written for you. I will always keep you in my prayers, and I am so very proud of you!
- From this day forward every time you take communion, I pray that the Lord blesses you and you feel the loving embrace of Jesus with you. Today will always be a wonderful reminder of precious your relationship with Jesus is, and how many blessings lay ahead of you.
- A big congrats to you on taking your very first communion! The presence of Jesus is with you and will always remain so as you grow in your relationship with him. God bless you!
- As you took your First Communion today you not only became a part of the church but you also began a bond with Jesus Christ. A bond that cannot be broken, and will be everlasting. We are so proud of you and wish you many blessings on this journey of faith that lies ahead of you.
- Your First Communion is a time to celebrate your love for Jesus Christ and the love he has for you, as he died on the cross for our sins. You are fiercely loved, and never alone when you have a relationship with Jesus.
- You did so awesomely today! Congratulations on receiving your First Communion! Welcome to the church family, and as you enter this relationship and step of faith with Jesus Christ know that he will never lead you astray. We’re all proud of you!
- May God forever bless you as you embrace your faith with this huge milestone you have achieved today. Every time you take communion, you remind yourself of the beautiful gift of forgiveness and life you are given and how loved you are by Jesus Christ and God. And we love you too! Congratulations!
- There are many different roads we can take in life, and the one you’ve taken today is one you’ll never forget. That first big moment of bonding your relationship with Jesus Christ and the church is a beautiful and valuable memory. Congratulations on receiving your First Communion!
First Communion For Boy (First Communion Cards For Boy)
Is there a little fella who’s marking their calendar for his first communion? Perhaps not an actual calendar, but you can give them an awesome card with these first communion cards for boys!
- “If angels could be jealous of men, they would be so for one reason: Holy Communion.”
St. Maximilian Kolbe. This quote is special on this day because you have participated in such an intimate and beautiful action with Jesus Christ, your first communion. Each time you take communion, remember this quote and how amazing your relationship with Jesus will grow to be.
- [Son/Nephew/Grandson/Brother] I am so incredibly proud of the actions and commitment you took today. Receiving your first communion is one of the biggest milestones you’ve come to so far, and you have many more accomplishments to take on. Do this with your faith held high and Jesus close to your heart, and you’ll feel your faith grow.
- Here is a wonderful quote to commemorate the beauty of today. “As two pieces of wax fused together make one so he who receives Holy Communion is so united with Christ that Christ is in him and he is in Christ.” -Cyril of Alexandria. May the glory of God and Jesus Christ guide you throughout your many walks in this life, and especially in your walk of faith.
- Congratulations on your first communion, we are so proud of you [Son/Nephew/Grandson/Brother]! You truly have been growing into such a remarkable lad. We will always be praying for you and your wellness, and wish you nothing but the most beautiful flourishing relationship with Jesus Christ and our Lord. Bless you!
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 Is a beautiful Bible verse to remember today as you are now walking in the light of Jesus, and have been given the ultimate gift of forgiveness of your sins. May God bless you forever, and your faith grows stronger every year.
First Communion For Girl (First Communion Cards For Girl)
A little girl in your life is soon to celebrate her first communion; most likely in an adorable dress and a pretty hair-do, make her day even brighter with a card! These first communion cards for girl will fit perfectly!
- Wishing you a big congratulations on receiving your first communion! May you feel the glow of Jesus Christ and God’s love in your heart forevermore. You are so loved and blessed!
- Today is full of big beautiful words, but please remember the following words and hold them close to your heart: God’s love will always be around you, he will never leave you. Congratulations, and may God bless you!
- Seeing you flourish into the bright young lady you are has been one of the biggest blessings of my life. I am so proud of you for taking your first communion today, and I know I’ll be proud of you for so many more things in your life. I love you and congratulations!
- When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Luke 24:30 And as you received your first communion today, you partook in that very act of taking the bread and wine in fellowship and with Jesus Christ. Each time you do, may you feel his love and grace wash over you.
- Congratulations on your first communion! This is such a huge milestone and everyone is so proud of you! From this day forward, I pray that you always feel the love of God and Jesus with you and that they bless you on your walk of faith.
First Communion Thank You Card Messages
This one is for the parents to assist their kiddos! It’s always a kind gesture to send thank you cards to those who have taken the time to send your child a card or present in celebration of their milestones. Use one of these gratitude-filled first communion thank you card messages to convey how thankful your child is! These are thank you messages from your child to the receiver, showing your kiddo the value of gratitude and there’s always time to be grateful.
- I am so blessed to have such a wonderful [Personal role of person here, ex: Aunt, Uncle, Grandpa, Grandma, etc.] in my life! Thank you for being a part of my first communion, I love you and God bless!
- [Receiver’s name], thank you so very much for the beautifully generous gift and for making my first communion even more heartfelt and special. It means so much to me, and I feel very blessed.
- God truly spoiled me with such loving [family/friends] like you! I am so thankful for your generosity and for being a part of my first communion. Thank you so much. My family is always keeping yours in our prayers.
- My first communion was such an awesome day that I’ll never forget, and I’m so happy you were there! Thank you for celebrating with me and my family, and for being here with me in my walk of faith.
- There are many things to be thankful for out of receiving my first communion, and one of them is the generosity and love you have shown me. Thank you for celebrating with me, and for being there to cheer me on and encourage me. God bless you!
- Thank you so much for your generous gift and celebration of my first communion! This was a big step for me, and it meant a lot to have you there in my heart. I’m so thankful to be surrounded by good people and love.
- Among the things I pray to God that I’m grateful for, I’ll list you every time. Thank you so much for celebrating my first communion with me and my family. You will always hold a special place in my heart.
- I cannot thank you enough for your generosity and presence during this big milestone in my life. My first communion is a day I’ll never forget in my heart, for it was filled with promise, love, and family. I’ll always keep you in my prayers, I love you!
- Thank you for wishing me congratulations on my first communion and for the generous gift, I love it! I’m thankful for everything God has given me, and I look forward to the walk of faith I have with Jesus Christ. Thank you for being a part of that.
- Leading up to today I was a little nervous but knowing you, my parents, and Jesus were there made everything feel so much better. Thank you for being a part of my first communion, it meant the world to me!
More Religious Messages and Bible Quotes
- 50 Religious Thanksgiving Messages to Write in a Card
- What Can I Say Instead of Sorry for Your Loss? Condolence Messages for Loved Ones
- 48 Easter Sayings to Write in a Card