Greetings Padawan, and welcome to Star Wars Day!
In this article journey, we’ll be cruising through Star Wars Day activities, Star Wars Jokes, and even Star Wars quotes that could be used for Instagram Captions. Let’s make like Han and the Millennium Falcon and zoom on through!
We’ve got a lot in store for you, and if you want to make your calendar really exciting this year, dig into these super fun obscure holidays!
In this article
When Is Star Wars Day?
When is Star Wars Day, exactly? After reading this, it’ll be hard to forget because it’s pretty clever!
We all know the classic line from Star Wars, arguably one of the most iconic in movie quote history, “May the force be with you“. Can’t you just picture Yoda doing some dope Jedi move after reading that?
Well, the phrase “May the force be with you” plays heavily into Star Wars Day being on May 4th because if the date were placed in the phrase, it would sound extremely similar.
“May the 4th be with you” Now THAT’S pretty darn witty!
With that being said, know you can always remember that Star Wars Day is on May the 4th every year because it sounds like May the Force.
Let’s get into some fun Star Wars Day activities now that we’ve got the date marked on the calendar!
Star Wars Day Activities
Alright, so we know that Star Wars Day is on May the 4th, but what’s a Padawan to do on Star Wars Day?
No need to Boba Fett; we’ve got some fun Star Wars Day activities that you can embed in your celebration. Or, you can use our ideas to come up with some of your own!
In any case, here’s a list of Star Wars Day activities to get the festive ball rolling– BB-8 style.
- See Which Star Wars Character You Are: Which Disney’s handy-dandy quiz: Which Star Wars Character Are You Most Like it’s easy to get your answer; we got Chewbacca! Just answer a few questions, and the calculations will be made. You can even shoot this link to your Star Wars Day pals and see who they get too!
- ANI: A Parody the Musical: Watch this hilarious and clever Star Wars parody musical for free on YouTube!
- The Hardest Star Wars Quiz: Are you up for a challenge? Are you a Star Wars superfan? This quiz warns that it’s difficulty is not to be taken lightly, so if you’re up for quizzing your knowledge on Star Wars Day we say go for it and, of course, May the Force be with You.
- Star Wars Crafts: Look up some cool Star Wars crafts while you jam out to Star Wars soundtracks and decorate your house with your own DIY decor this Star Wars Day! A fun way to get the whole family involved or invite your friends over on Star Wars Day.
- Have a Star Wars Marathon: We don’t mean a running marathon, though now that we say that, it would be pretty awesome to see race contestants running with a lightsaber. What we meant was having a movie marathon on Star Wars Day! Get your pals together or side Solo; there’s nothing like getting comfy on the couch and going on an adventure through timeless movies.
- Watch Your Favorite Star Wars Movie: Going a different direction than the Star Wars Day activity above, choose your favorite Star Wars film to enjoy for the evening. You can even see where your favorite Star Wars film lands on the Best to Worst Ranker scale and see if you agree or disagree with the list.
- Free Star Wars Coloring Sheets: An activity that Star Wars fans of all ages can get into! And thanks to Crayola, they have free Star Wars Coloring Sheets available. Isn’t that just swell for Star Wars Day?
- Watch Funny Star Wars Clips: If you type that very title into YouTube, you’re going to have a mountain load of hilarious clips to fill your Star Wars Day. We totally suggest starting with a classic Bad Lip Readings Star Wars Video because it’s super goofy and never fails to lighten our mood!
- Start a New Star Wars Show: Haven’t gotten on the Ahsoka or The Mandalorian train quite yet? Use Star Wars Day as your opportunity to dig into a Star Wars show! From animation to packed action, there’s something for everyone.
- Throw a Star Wars Day party: Get your party on with your best pals with a Star Wars Day party! Dress up as your favorite characters, put together a little Star Wars trivia, have a potluck, and call it a yearly Star Wars Day tradition!
- Write a Star Wars Story: The Star Wars universe has gone in so many different directions, but it hasn’t gotten your side. Get creative and write up your own Star Wars fanfiction and share it with other Star Wars lovers on free story sites such as Wattpad.
Star Wars Jokes
Who couldn’t use a little chuckle, especially on Star Wars Day! These Star Wars jokes will surely put a giggle in your step, and you may even have some new jokes in your humor tool belt to dazzle your pals when you see them.
These Star Wars jokes also make for a great way to say Happy Star Wars Day on Facebook or Twitter!
- Why didn’t Darth Vader get the Solo?
- He always choked.
- Where did Luke get his cybernetic hand?
- The second hand store.
- Why did movies 4, 5, and 6 come before 1, 2, and 3?
- Because in charge of directing, Yoda was.
- I went to a sale at the Maul.
- Everything was half off.
- Did you know Fozzie Bear was in Star Wars?
- He was an Ewokka-wokka!
- What do you call a rebel princess who only shops at Whole Foods?
- Leia Organic.
- Why was the droid angry?
- People kept pushing its buttons.
- What did Han Solo say to the waiter who recommended the haddock?
- Never sell me the cods!
- Which Jedi became a rock star?
- Bon Jovi-Wan Kenobi.
- How did Darth Vader know what Luke was getting for his birthday?
- He felt his presents!
- How long has Anakin Skywalker been evil?
- Since the Sith Grade.
- What is Jabba the Hutt’s middle name?
- Why does Princess Leia keep her hair tied up in buns?
- So it doesn’t Hang Solow.
- What do you need to reroute droids?
- Where do Gungans store their fruit preserves?
- Jar Jars.
- Which program do Jedi use to open PDF files?
- Adobe Wan Kenobi.
- Did you try one of the Wookiee cookies?
- I heard they’re super chewy.
- What do you call two Han Solos singing together?
- Han Duet.
- What position does Darth Vader play in baseball?
- The Umpire.
- Where does Princess Leia shop for Father’s Day?
- At the Darth Maul.
- What is R2D2 short for?
- Because he has little legs.
- What did Obi-Wan tell Luke when his young apprentice was having a difficult time using chopsticks at the Chinese restaurant?
- Use the forks, Luke.
- How does Wicket get around Endor?
- Why didn’t any of Luke Skywalker’s marriages last?
- He always followed Obi-Wan’s advice: Use divorce, Luke.
- How did Darth Vader cheat at poker?
- He kept altering the deal.
- What do you call an eel that loves the new Star Wars trilogy?
- A More-Rey Eel.
- What did Yoda ride as a kid?
- A do-cycle. Because there is no tri.
- Guess who works at Jabba’s new restaurant?
- Darth Waiter.
- What is Admiral Ackbar’s favorite type of music?
- What’s the internal temperature of a Tauntaun?
- What’s Jar Jar Binks’ favorite meal?
- Miso soup.
- Who is short, green and plays the cello?
- Yo-Yo Da.
- What did Darth Vader say when he walked into a vegetarian restaurant?
- I find your lack of steak disturbing.
- What did Leia’s adoptive parents say when she used to sleepwalk as a child?
- Uh-oh, it’s the rise of Skywalker.
- Why shouldn’t you ask Yoda for money?
- He’s a little short.
- What do you call an invisible droid?
- What was Lando’s nickname before he became a skilled pilot?
- What do you get if you mix a bounty hunter with a tropical fruit?
- Mango Fett.
- Why is Darth Vader not safe for children under age 3?
- He’s a choking hazard.
- What do you call C-3PO when he’s being a good listener?
- What did the dentist say to Luke Skywalker?
- May the floss be with you.
- How does Darth Vader like his toast?
- On the dark side.
- Did you know R2D2 swears like a Salor?
- They have to bleep out all his words.
- What do you call five Siths piled on top of a lightsaber?
- A Sith-Kabob.
- How is duct tape like the force?
- It has a dark side and a light side, and it binds the galaxy together!
- What was General Grievous’ favorite band?
- How do you unlock doors on Kashyyyk?
- With a woo-key.
- Why couldn’t Luke find love?
- He was looking in Alderaan places.
- Is BB hungry?
- No, BB-8.
- How did one Ewok talk to the other?
- They used Ewokie-talkies.
Now that’s a set of some punny Star Wars Day jokes! How about some Star Wars Day quotes?
Star Wars Quotes
Quotes are really enjoyable to read through, and Star Wars quotes are even better when read on Star Wars Day.
Aside from reading them to remember all those iconic Star Wars moments, you can also use these Star Wars Quotes for cards, Happy Star Wars Day texts and posts, Instagram Captions, and even Letter Board messages!
- “I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.” – Chirrut, Rouge One
- “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” – Princess Leia, A New Hope
- “We’ll always be with you. No one’s ever really gone. A thousand generations live in you now.” – Luke Skywalker, Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
- “Great, kid, don’t get cocky.” – Han Solo, A New Hope
- “Save the rebellion! Save the dream!” – Saw, Rouge One
- “Difficult to see; always in motion is the future.” – Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
- “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi, A New Hope
- “As my sweet mother always said, ‘Son, if one hostage is good, two are better. And three, well, that’s good business.” – Hondo Ohnaka, The Clone Wars
- “Laugh it up, fuzzball!” – Han Solo, The Empire Strikes Back
- “A friendly piece of advice; assume that I know everything.” – Moff Gideon, The Mandalorian
- “Let go of your hate.” – Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi
- “It’s mutual, trust me. She belongs with me.” – Han Solo, Solo: A Star Wars Story
- “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- “Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.” – C-3PO, A New Hope
- “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” – Yoda, Revenge of The Sith
- “I got a bad feeling about this.” – Lando Calrissian, The Rise of Skywalker
- “That’s how we’re gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love.” – Rose, The Last Jedi
- “Insolence? We are pirates. We don’t even know what that means.” – Hondo Ohnaka, The Clone Wars
- “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.” – Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace
- “Why, you stuck-up half-witted scruffy-looking nerf herder.” – Princess Leia, The Empire Strikes Back
- “I’m a big deal in the resistance.” – Finn, The Force Awakens
- “Stormbloopers. Bucket brain. Buckethead.” – Ezra Bridger, Star Wars Rebels
- “Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi’s life so you might say we are encouraged to love.” – Anakin Skywalker, Attack of the Clones
- “Rebellions are built on hope.” – Jyn Erso, Rouge One
- “In a dark place we find ourselves and a little more knowledge lights our way.” – Yoda, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
- “I guess every once in a while both suns shine on a womp rat’s tail.” – Cobb Vanth, The Mandalorian
- “I’d just as soon kiss a wookiee.” – Princess Leia, The Empire Strikes Back
Thank you for stopping by our corner of the web galaxy to indulge in some Star Wars Day fun!
May the 4th be with you, and be sure to check out our other fun Obscure Holidays so you can make your year interesting with each month!