This is your sign to celebrate Galentines Day. If you’ve never seen the infamous Parks and Recreation episode from 2010, Galentine’s Day is celebrated on February 13th, and it is a day where you and your best girlfriends get together and celebrate your friendship.
Galentines Day is often celebrated over a brunch filled with booze and light food. Oh, and there are no boys allowed when celebrating Galentines Day, so make sure you leave them at home during your Happy Galentines Day plans.
To celebrate your best gals during Galentines Day, share a fun Galentines Day quote or poem on social media or on a greeting card. If you’re not sure what to say, don’t worry. We’ve got the best Galentines Day quotes and poems for your friends that you can use this Galentines Day!
When is Galentines Day Celebrated?
Galentines Day is February 13th every year. Get together with your best girlfriends and celebrate your friendship with love and compassion.
28 Best Galentines Day Quotes and Poems for Your Friends
Leslie Knope Quotes
Leslie Knope is the infamous Parks and Recreation character who created Galentines Day. For the Parks and Recreation ladies in your life, these are some of the best Leslie Knope quotes you can use this Galentines Day!
- “You are the most beautiful, glowing sun goddess ever.”
- “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”
- “The things that you have done for me; to help me, support me, surprise me, to make me happy — go above and beyond what any person deserves. You’re all I need. I love you, and I like you.”
- “I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself.”
- “Ann, you’re such a good friend. You are a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk ox.”
- “February 13th, Galentine’s Day, is about celebrating lady friends.”
- “What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year.”
- “Ann, you’re a genius! Your brain is almost as perfect as your face.”
- “Everyone should love waffles. If they don’t, they’re crazy.”
- “If you want to bake a pie, that’s great. If you want to have a career, that’s great too.”
- “Now go find your team. Get to work. Whatever that work is that you find worth doing. Do it, and find some people to love who’ll do it with you.”
- “Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
Quotes About Friendships
- Love is beautiful. Friendship is better.
- You’ll always be my Galentine.
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find a lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
- “A true friend is someone who never gets tired of listening to your pointless dramas over and over again.” – Lauren Conrad
- “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” – Jennifer Aniston
- “A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.” – Unknown
- “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates, and guys are just people to have fun with.” – Charlotte York, Sex and the City
Poems About Friendship
- “Best friends stick together till the end.
They are like a straight line that will not bend.
They trust each other forever,
No matter if you’re apart or together.
They can be your hero and save the day.
They will never leave your side; they are here to stay.
They help you up when you fall.
Your true friends are best of all.” – Emily Thurston
- “It isn’t the red ribbon that binds us together.
The root that unifies us does not derive from a tree on the wall.
This bond knows no genetics.
Friendship is a peculiar seed.
No matter the season, the weather, nor the time of day.
When planted on a nourishing soul,
It will always bear fruit.” – Clairel Estevez
- “A friend is pleased to see you.
Friendship is based on care.
A friend won’t leave you high and dry.
A true friend is always there.” – MS Moem
- “A real friend feels good for the soul.
You never need a break.
A fake friend is a toxic drain
Who only knows how to take.” – MS Moem
- “There is nothing like a good friend to tell your troubles to.
Someone to open up with,
Someone to talk you through.
The highs; the lows,
The everyday struggles,
Someone who knows,
Your every quirk and flaw,
Someone who understands your ways,
And loves you after all.” – Mobi World
- “If you’re feeling down, turn your frown upside down.
Put a smile on your face; take the world in your embrace.
Ask for a little help from the man up above.
And remember you have your best friend’s love.” – Jessica R. Dillinger
- “A friend is like a star that twinkles and glows
Or maybe like the ocean that gently flows.
A friend is like gold that you should treasure
And take care of forever and ever.
A friend is like an angel that is there to guide you.
A friend is someone you can trust out of a few.
A friend is more than one in a million.
They are one in a ca-zillion,
And you, my friend, are very special
, and so it is official.” – Ashley Campbell
- “Together, my dear friend,
we smooth the rough edges of life,
creating a safe shelter,
to retreat from the chaos.
In that security, I can let “me” out.
My comforting companion,
I care about you as you care about me.
Together, we are each other’s backup.
You are a gift from God.
I am grateful, and I love you.” – Joanna Fuchs
Use one of these Galentines Day quotes or poems to honor your friends. You can fill a card with one of these quotes or poems or share them on a social media post.
How will you celebrate this Galentines Day? Will you go out for brunch with your best friends, or will you host brunch at your house? Have fun celebrating this Galentines Day with your best girlfriends and your favorite boozy brunch drink like mimosas, bloody marys, or rosé.
Oh, and don’t forget the waffles.
And, see our other post for more Galentines Day Ideas!