A day on the water is always great. The sunshine on your face, the birds in the sky, and the fish below. If you’re looking for sayings about fishing, we’ve got you covered. Here are over 100 quotes about fishing and hilarious fishing puns for you to enjoy.
Whether you’re a fisherman or not, you can probably appreciate a good fishing pun. Using language to twist the meanings of words into fishing jokes and fishing puns can bring a laugh to just about everyone.
Pro Tip: These funny fishing puns are the perfect compliment to dad jokes about fishing if you ever get into a situation where you have to bust out some fishing dad jokes at your next party.
- I’m out here on the water, keeping it reel.
- Just a weekend hooker.
- On the river, only dead fish go with the flow.
- Fishermen are born honest. But they get over it.
- A reel expert can tackle anything.
- Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up.
- My drinking friends have a fishing problem.
- I’m hooked on fishing.
- A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.
- Fly fisherman do it downstream.
- Sorry I missed your call, I was on the other line.
- Cast away your troubles — go fishing!
- Meals on reels.
- Good things come to those who bait.
- Weekend forecast: Fishing, which a chance of drinking!
- Fish stories told here, some true.
- Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from fishing.
- Fishing is a tough job, but I can tackle it.
- I don’t exaggerate my catches. I just have a big memory.
- If you love a fisherman, raise your hand. If your hand isn’t up, raise your standards.
- Fish come in three sizes. Small, medium, and the one that got away.
- I spent most of my money on fishing. The rest I wasted.
- Life is just a game. But fishing is serious.
- Holy mackerel, this article has a lot of puns!
Fishing Quotes Funny Ones
Fishing is such a relaxing pastime. Some people who love to fish take their hobby very seriously. Some even consider fishing their sport of choice.
No matter the level of fishing expertise or dedication, every fisherman can appreciate a good fishing joke. We’ve assembled a collection of many funny fishing quotes so when someone says, “give me a some fishing quotes, funny ones” you’ll have a good collection funny sayings about fishing to share with them.
- Fishing is my therapy.
- A day out fishing is cheaper than an hour with a psychiatrist.
- Fishing is just an excuse to drink during the daytime.
- What happens at the lake stays at the lake.
- Fishing is my cardio.
- I’m not anti-social, I’d just rather be fishing than talking to you people.
- A day without fishing probably wouldn’t kill me…but why risk it?
- The fishing was great today. The catching? Not so much.
- If you can read this, you’re fishing too close.
- I have O.F.D. — Obsessive Fishing Disorder
- WTF: Where’s The Fish?
- Always think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets.
- I’m not addicted to fishing, we’re just in a very committed relationship.
- Fishing is like sex. When it’s great, it’s great. And when it’s bad, it’s still great!
- Fisherman’s prayer: Lord, help me to catch fish so large, that even I, in the telling of it, never need to lie.
- I’m sorry, I wasn’t listening. I was thinking about fishing.
- I just want to go fishing and avoid all this adulting.
- Hey God, let’s skip the serenity and courage, and just give me the wisdom to go fishing.
- Fishing is my form of social distancing.
- Fishing solves most of my problems. Camping solves the rest.
- Gone fishing. Be back soon to go hunting.
Fishing Sayings for Dad, Fathers, and Sons
Our grandfathers were fishermen, our fathers were fishermen, there sons are fishermen…heck, so many great guys love to fish. If you’re looking for a great fishing quote for a man, these fishing quotes for sons and dads will help you find the special men in your life a great fishing quote you can share with them.
We also have another article you might want to check out if you’re looking for classic father’s day messages (not related to fishing).
- A reel great dad.
- Dad is my name, fishing is my game.
- A fisherman lives here with the catch of his life.
- Daddy’s little fishing buddy
- I’m going fishing with my daddy.
- I don’t go fishing to escape my life, fishing is my life.
- Fish fear me.
- Couples that fish together, stay together.
- She asked me to tell her those three words every woman wants to hear. So I said, “let’s go fishing!”
- I got a fishing rod for my wife. It was a good trade.
- After all these years of fishing, my wife is still my greatest catch.
Fishing Sayings for Women
You always hear people use the term “fisherman”. But let’s not forget our fisherwomen! Our mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends love to fish as well and these fishing quotes for women are great for you to share with the ladies in your life who love to fish. Funny fishing sayings, and classic fishing quotes for ladies are here for you to share.
- Move over boys, let this girl show you how to fish.
- Girls fish, too!
- Mama is my name and fishing is my game.
- Just call me pretty and take me fishing.
- Reel women fish.
- Girls fish better than boys, and they look better doing it too!
- Less talk, more fishing.
- Couples that fish together, stay together.
- I’m just a girl in love with a fisherman.
- Men and fish are quite similar. Both of them get into trouble when they open their mouths.
- Give a man a fish and he’ll have food for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for the whole weekend.
Quotes on Fishing by Famous People
Whether from a book, an interview, or even a comedy routine, a good fishing quote from a famous person is always a winner for any fan of fishing. Here you’ll find fishing quotes from authors, actors, and even politicians that you can use in your greeting cards or even on fishing signs to hang in your lake cabin.
- Some go to church and think about fishing. Others go fishing and think about God.
- When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not with your brain.
- There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.
- The fisherman knows that the sea is dangerous and the storm is terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.
–Vincent Van Gogh
- I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don’t know what’s on the other end. Your imagination is under there.
- There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.
–Patrick F. McManes
- Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it’s not the fish they are after.
–Henry David Thoreau
- Fising is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.
- Fish for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.
- Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
- If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.
- I fish better with a lit cigar. Some people fish better with talent.
- Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
–Ernest Hemingway, from The Old Man and the Sea
- It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
- I’ve gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.
- Angling is extremely time consuming. That’s sort of the whole point.
- It is impossible to grow weary of a sport that is never the same on any two days of the year.
- If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.
–Sparse Grey Hackle
- If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.
- There is only one reason in the world to go fishing: to enjoy yourself. Anything that detracts from enjoying yourself is to be avoided.
- I only hope the fish will take half as much trouble for me as I’ve taken for them.
- I don’t want to sit at the head table anymore. I want to go fishing.
- Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.
- Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman’s job is simple: Pick out the best parts.
- Many of the most highly publicized events of my presidency are not nearly as memorable or significant in my life as fishing with my daddy.
- Be patient and calm, for no one can catch fish in anger.
- I only make movies to finance my fishing.
- Do not tell fish stories where the people know you. Particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.
- Everyone should believe in something. I believe I’ll go fishing.
–Henry David Thoreau
- If all politicians fished, instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world.
- How can you tell when fish goes bad? It smells like fish either way!
- You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don’t want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.
- So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Classic Fishing Quotes for Signs and T-Shirts
You may have heard a lot of these stellar sayings about fishing before. But that doesn’t mean these aren’t fantastic fishing quotes.
I mean, when you’re doing crafts and making fishing signs for the man-cave or fishing t-shirts to wear at the lake cabin, sometimes you just want to go with some tried and true classic fishing quotes. We’ve assembled a bunch of fishing quotes for you to use on all your projects, or drop in a greeting card for your favorite fisherman or fisherwoman!
- I’d rather be fishing.
- Wishing I was fishing.
- Life is better at the lake.
- Gone fishing, back whenever.
- I’m not just fishing, I’m out here catching dinner.
- There’s fishing, then there’s everything else.
- Life is better on the river.
- It doesn’t matter what you catch, time spent fishing is time well spent.
- Today’s forecast: fishing weather!
- The best days are spent fishing.
- Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years.
- There’s always time for one more cast.
- Eat. Sleep. Fish. Repeat.
- A day without fishing is like a day without sunshine.
- Fishing is not a sport. It’s a way of life.
- The finest gift you can give any fisherman is the great fish you put back in the water. Who knows, that fish you just caught may have been another fisherman’s gift to you.
- Don’t ask me why I’m so hooked on fishing. Ask yourself why you’re not!
- Early to bed, early to rise. Fish all day, and make up lies.
Funny Fishing Jokes Video
Jim Gaffigan is hilarious. He’s compiled some of his classic fish jokes in this video. These funny jokes about fishing have us laughing ourselves right out of our fishing boat!