Owning up to your mistakes and taking responsibility for your actions is a difficult things to do. It’s tough to know how to say I’m sorry in a letter or card but we have some timeless apologies here that might help you start making things right with your friend, family member, or special someone.
- I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.
- I don’t know what I was thinking. Okay, I know I wasn’t thinking.
- I feel sick about what I did and don’t blame you if you don’t forgive me. Please accept my deepest apologies.
- I know I should have done things differently and take full responsibility for my actions.
- My love for you is as endless as the regret I feel right now. We’ve shared so much together and I hope you’ll forgive me so I can work toward making this up to you.
- The healing process may be long and difficult, but please accept my heartfelt apology.
- I really messed up. Can you ever forgive me?
- I’m just sick thinking about how much I hurt you. I’m incredibly sorry.
- I let you down. That’s not okay. I will do everything I can to make it up to you.
- I didn’t mean to disappoint you, but I know that I did. Please forgive my terrible actions.
- You were right. I apologize for not believing you.
- Please let me fix this. I screwed up big time.
- I don’t deserve your forgiveness, but please accept my apology nonetheless.
- Can we sit down and talk this over? I’d like to apologize to you in person.
- Your friendship is something I never want to take for granted. Can you ever forgive me?
- Please tell me how I can make things right. I’m terribly sorry.
- I beg your forgiveness and want to make things right.
- I hate that I made you feel this way. I promise I will make it up to you.
- You are my rock and I never want to hurt you again.
- Please help me understand how how I can make things better.
How to Sign an Apology Card or Letter
How you sign your card or letter when you’re saying I’m sorry is important. You want to make sure to keep the tone of your apology through to the end when you’re saying I’m sorry. Here are several ideas for signing your card or letter apology when saying I’m sorry to the person you’ve wronged.
- With deepest regrets,
- Yours always,
- I love you through it all,
- Please forgive me,
- I’m here when you’re ready to talk,
- With all sincerity,
Always remember to take responsibility and keep the focus on the person you hurt when apologizing.