Your best friend is someone who has rightfully earned their title and can’t be replaced, so it may be difficult to find the right words to tell your best friend just how much they mean to you.
You don’t have to wait for your best friend’s birthday to tell them what they mean to you. The truth is, you can tell your best friend how much they mean to you in a ‘just because’ card or on a social media post or Instagram caption.
If you don’t know what to say in your card or message, we’ll help you out. We have the 42 best friends forever quotes that will make your best friend both cry and laugh.
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elisabeth Foley
- “A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have.” — Sarah Valdez
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” — G. Randolf
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
- “To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Seuss
- “A best friend accepts who you are, but also helps you become who you should be.” – Unknown
- “Real friends are the ones you can count on no matter what. The ones who go into the forest to find you and bring you home. And real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.” – Morgan Matson
- “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares.” – Henri Nouwen
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” – Khalil Gibran
- “A single rose can be my garden; a single friend, my world.” — Leo Buscaglia
- “The best time to make friends is before you need them.” — Ethel Barrymore
- “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part.” – Unknown
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
- “You have been my friend,” replied Charlotte. “That in itself is a tremendous thing.” — E.B. White, “Charlotte’s Web”
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” — Thomas Aquinas
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.” — Aristotle
- “Best friend: the one that you can be mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.” – Unknown
- We’ll always be best friends forever because you match my level of crazy.
- There is nothing better than a best friend. Unless it’s a best friend with chocolate.
- There is nothing better than a best friend. Unless it’s a best friend with wine.
- I am so glad we’re best-teas.
- We’re going to be best friends forever because you know too much.
- You’re more than my best friend. You’re my therapist, bartender, and mind reader.
- I’m so glad I can communicate with you through facial expressions from across the room.
- I can’t wait until we’re running the nursing home together.
- A good friend will help you move, but a best friend will help you move a dead body.
- Best friends. Because if anyone else heard our conversations, we’d end up in the mental hospital.
- I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.
- I love that our effortless friendship fits perfectly with my laziness.
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
- “Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” – Cookie Monster
- When I say I won’t tell anyone, my best friend doesn’t count.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my best friend. I’ll train you.
- I hope we’re best friends until we die. Then, I hope we’re ghost friends so that we come back and haunt people together after we die.
- I’d take a bullet for my best friend. Not in the head, but in the leg or something.
- We’re going to be best friends forever because you already know too much.
- You and I are more than just best friends. We’re like a really small gang.
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
- Good friends pay their respects after you’ve died. A best friend will erase your computer’s search history.
- “Good friends discuss their sex lives. Best friends talk about poop.” – Unknown
- “Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry.” – Unknown
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to tell your best friend forever just how much they mean to you with the best friendship quotes highlighting your friendship status.
While you think they may know that you appreciate them and love them, you should take the time to tell your best friend just how much they mean to you by writing one of these heartfelt messages or funny sayings on a card or social media post.
These best friend quotes just might be what they need to brighten their day. These best friend quotes also showcase your true friendship.