Work and life are two different words that are closely intertwined. Many of us focus on work and forget to live our home life to the fullest. But here’s the thing: should that be the case? These motivational work life balance quotes from successful people like Dolly Parton, Marissa Mayer, Andrew Wilkinson, and more will help you figure out how to live a more authentic life.
Having a balance between life and work keeps the ball rolling. It stabilizes a person’s priorities in life. While work is essential, other factors such as family, friends, health, and life itself should not be pushed to the sidelines. So, take inspiration from these work-life balance quotes! A balanced life and good time management will help everyone have a successful life.
In this article
- “You do have choices about how you spend your time. Balancing what you need to do with what you want to do can lead to happiness and success.” -Stephen Hall
- “You don’t have to make yourself miserable to be successful. It’s natural to look back and mythologize the long nights and manic moments of genius, but success isn’t about working hard, it’s about working smart.” -Andrew Wilkinson
- “All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.” -Jack Torrance
- “We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress: Working hard for something we love is called passion.” -Simon Sinek
- “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.” -Hillary Clinton
- “Most people chase success at work, thinking that will make them happy. The truth is that happiness at work will make you successful.” -Alexander Kjerulf
- “How much good is inside a day? Depends how good you live ‘em.” -Shel Silverstein
- “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I wish I had treasured the doing a little more, and the getting it done a little less.” -Anna Quindlen
- “A ‘good job’ can be both practically attractive while still not good enough to devote your entire life to.” -Alain de Botton
- “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.” -Stephen R. Covey
- “You can’t do a good job if your job is all you do.” -Katie Thurmes
- “The workplace today is very demanding, and you really can’t have your life as a working mom the way it was before baby. So, work-life balance for you should be about trade-offs at one time or the other.” -Grace Essen
- “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” -Arianna Huffington
- “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.” -Zig Ziglar
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” -Matthew Kelly
- “Business life is just like human life. There are happy times and then there are bad times.” -Pooja Agnihotri
- “Life will always get busy, make time to do the things you love.” -Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.” -Regina Brett
- “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm, and harmony.” -Thomas Merton
- “We have overstretched our personal boundaries and forgotten that true happiness comes from living an authentic life fueled with a sense of purpose and balance.” -Dr. Kathleen Hall
- “Take care of yourself: When you don’t sleep, eat crap, don’t exercise, and are living off adrenaline for too long, your performance suffers. Your decisions suffer. Your company suffers.” -Ev Williams
- “Be steady and well-ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work.” -Gustave Flaubert
- “Better learn balance. Balance is key.” -Mr. Miyagi
- “Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance.” -Epicurus
- “It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Worry is rust upon the blade.” -Henry Ward Beecher
- “Work is just a part of our life, not vice versa. So, live life full time, work part time.” -Vikrmn
- “Times of transition are strenuous but I love them. They are an opportunity to purge, rethink priorities and be intentional about new habits. We can make our new normal any way we want.” -Kristin Armstrong
- “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” -Sydney J. Harris
- “You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.” -Marissa Mayer
- “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” -Dolly Parton
- “No matter how busy you are, or how busy you think you are, the work will always be there tomorrow, but your friends might not be.” -Unknown
Life experiences have taught us many things. And while work is paying for the bills and putting food on the table, it should not be the center of our lives. If you, or any people you care about, are experiencing burnout and probable health and relationship issues, maybe you can get motivated with these work-life balance quotes.
Successful people do not tell you to work hard and harder. The best advice they can give is to balance your hard work with other aspects of your family and personal life. Reflect on your life and see what you’ve taken for granted in the past years. After all, you will be remembered for how great you are as a person, not as a boss or employee of the month.
Did you like this article about work-life balance quotes? Here are some related articles with even more work-related quotes you might enjoy!