National Hangover Day should probably be the day after every big holiday. The day after Christmas? National Hangover Day. The Day after the 4th of July? National Hangover Day. The day after St. Patrick’s Day? National Hanover Day.
Unfortunately, there’s only one National Hangover Day, and it’s on January 1st of every year. But don’t worry. You can use these National Hangover Day sayings any day of the year!
- Not sure if I’m hungover, dead, or just hungry. Happy National Hangover Day!
- “I don’t need another drink,” was not said by me last night.
- A hangover is your body telling you that you’re an idiot, and that’s what mine is saying today. Happy National Hangover Day!
- Hangovers don’t last forever, but drunk memories do.
- “The best way to avoid a hangover is to stay drunk.” — Dorothy Parker
- They say that liquor before beer means you’re in the clear, but they lied.
- “Happiness is waking up without a hangover.” – Robert Black
- “It’s not a hangover. It’s wine flu.” – Unknown
- “I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.” — Frank Sinatra
- A good party is measured by how hungover you are the next day. I’d say that was a great party!
- “Being hungover is like winning the lottery, only they pay you in regret.” – Ryan North
- The best cure for a hangover is to be under the age of 25.
- It’s National Hangover Day! Why is everything so bright and loud?
- I can’t keep calm, I’m hungover. Happy National Hangover Day!
- “Eat, drink, and be merry”? Well, I definitely drank last night.
- “We can put a man on the moon, but we still haven’t figured out how to prevent a hangover.” – Unknown
- “A hangover is the wrath of grapes.” – Dorothy Parker
- Bad choices make good stories. Happy National Hangover Day!
- Happy National Hangover Day! I’m never drinking again.
- I don’t need the hair of the dog, I need the entire dog. Happy National Hangover Day!
- I woke up like this. Hungover. Happy National Hangover Day!
- You can’t get hungover if you keep drinking. Happy National Hangover Day!
- “Grease is the only cure for a hangover.” – Cameron Diaz
- I didn’t want a hangover today, so I drank enough last night to still be drunk this morning! Working smarter, not harder, this National Hangover Day!
- Yesterday I was Irish. Today I’m hungover. Happy National Hangover Day!
- They say what you do on January 1st is what you’ll be doing all year long. I guess I’ll be hungover all year! Happy National Hangover Day!
- Hangover: (noun) a painful reminder that I’m not as young as I used to be. Happy National Hangover Day!
- “One time, he was so hungover he had to consult a cottage cheese carton to determine the approximate date.” – George Carlin; May you not be so hungover today that you need curdled milk to tell you the date! Happy National Hangover Day!
- It’s National Hangover Day, and I’m participating 100%.
- If you see me today, don’t ask any questions. Happy National Hangover Day!
- It’s National Hangover Day. Enough said.
- If National Hangover Day had a mascot, I would be it.
Did you know that National Hangover Day is also National Bloody Mary Day? They both fall on January 1st of each year! This means that you can celebrate both holidays by treating your hangover with a bloody mary.
Here are some ideas for you to observe National Hangover Day!
Sharing a post on social media with one of these funny quotes to honor National Hangover Day is a great way to celebrate the holiday. You can also use the following hashtags for your post:
As Cameron Diaz stated, grease is the only cure for a hangover. You can plan a breakfast or brunch with your friends to help cure your hangover quickly. You can do this at home or by going out.
Since National Hangover Day is also National Bloody Mary day, you can add a bloody mary to the menu if you’re feeling really brave. If a bloody mary isn’t your thing, but you need a little bit of the hair of the dog to help get you through the day, you can go for a mimosa or bellini.
Just make sure to share your post on social media or with a card to friends and family to celebrate National Hangover Day!
We can’t forget National Bloody Mary Day since it falls on the same day as National Hangover Day, so here are a few quotes, sayings, and facts about the iconic bloody mary.
- You say tomato. I say bloody mary. Happy National Bloody Mary Day!
- A brunch without a bloody mary is just a sad, late breakfast.
- It’s a bloody mary kind of morning.
- It’s never too early for a bloody mary. Happy National Bloody Mary Day!
- I’m getting my daily serving of vegetables this morning. Happy National Bloody Mary Day!
Fact: Bloody marys are considered the best hangover drink because the tomato juice, vegetables, salt, and vodka within the drink work together to replenish your body of nutrients, electrolytes, and booze.
This January 1st, make sure you’re prepared to cure your hangover with a bloody mary so that you can celebrate both National Hangover Day and National Bloody Mary Day on the same day! If you don’t like bloody marys, we recommend drinking at least one to help you cure your hangover.
You can add celery, pickles, cucumber slices, pickled okra, and some seafood restaurants even serve theirs with a lobster tail or crab claw! The best way to celebrate National Hangover Day is by celebrating National Bloody Mary Day this January 1st.